March 12th, 2008

Parks and Rec - April Drums
  • qadesh

(no subject)

Dear members of ___guiding_star,

My name is Sura Roten and I am a senior in the Department of Sociology and Anthropology at Illinois State University. I am currently working on my senior thesis, a requirement to graduate from my department. My thesis surrounds research on the topic of fictive kinship in two very different types of communities – online sisterhood-based communities and offline collegiate sororities. I am requesting your help by asking you to participate in a short interview, conducted via email or instant messenger, about your experiences and relationships while a member of this community. The interview will take about an hour to complete.

Before consenting to participation, there are a few things you should know:

Collapse )

Your participation in this research study will help me to learn methods of ethnographic research. You’ll also get a chance to reflect on your experiences here in the community. I look forward to speaking with you soon! If you have any questions about your rights as a subject/participant in this research, or if you feel you have been placed at risk, you can contact the Research Ethics & Compliance Office at Illinois State University at (309) 438-8451.

I can be contacted via email at schneeimjuli@gmail.com or via AOL Instant Messenger at surakagami. If you have any questions about the research, please feel free to contact me at any time.

Best regards,
Sura Roten

(x-posted to soeur_system, therosemansion, every_soeur, foretdefeuilles, papilons, and ___guiding_star.)