August 29th, 2006

sailor jupiter - fanart leaning
  • makoelf

so, about them recipes...

so, i'm still seriously looking for recipes. c'mon guys! help a girl out! i need some recipes to get me through the year that won't make my dinners redundant and boring. help a girl's tasetbuds out!! please!!! *sob*
♥ star pyxis
  • Current Music
    none
aiba

Pork and chicken adobo

it's my favorite dish..so here goes..^^

1 Chicken (about 1 to 1 1/4 -kilos)

1/2 kg Pork

3/4 c Native vinegar [Use any

-white vinegar. S.C.]
1 tb Black pepper

Salt to taste
1 Head garlic, pounded

1/2 c (approx.) water

oil For frying

2 tb Soy sauce

3 Chicken livers

2 tb Water

Cut chicken into serving pieces and the pork into 2 inch squares. Place in a saucepan and add vinegar, black pepper, salt and garlic. Let stand for about 1 hour. Remove chicken.

Boil and then simmer pork first in the mixture until almost tender. Add chicken and simmer. When this sauce mixture becomes dry add about 1/2 cup water. Simmer for about 30 minutes or until meats are almost tender. Fish out the garlic from the adobo sauce and fry in a little lard. Remove pork and chicken from adobo sauce and brown. Add soy sauce and the adobo sauce to the meat. Continue cooking until tender. Pound the liver and combine it with 2 tablespoons of water. Add to sauce to thicken. Simmer for about five minutes.

~ Star Lyra
  • Current Mood
    hungry hungry

(no subject)

Porcupines

Porcupines are meatballs with rice baked in a tomato sauce.
  • 1 pound lean ground beef
  • 1/2 cup uncooked long-grain rice
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 large can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
  • 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 cup water

Mix the ground beef, rice, 1/2 cup of water, the chopped onion, , salt, garlic powder, seasoned salt, and pepper. Shape the mixture by tablespoons into 1 1/2-inch meatballs. Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet and cook the meatballs over medium heat until brown; drain off excess grease. Add tomato sauce, remaining 1/2 cup water, and Worcestershire sauce; heat to boiling. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 35 to 45 minutes.
Serious Face
  • _disi_

(no subject)

EEZY PEEZY CABONARA!!

This is GREAT for a REALLY quick meal.

Boil amount of pasta wanted.

Pre cook as many mushrooms as you like, same with bacon and chicken.

Add the meats to the cooked pasta.

Put in a bottle of cream (if there is enough for 2 or more ppl / half if its only for you)

Mix it around.

Take off stove

Add two eggs, and keep stirring until cream & eggs merge and thicken into a nice texture sauce.

Add any flavors u want eg: salt, pepper, herbs to taste.

Then serve.

YUUUUMMMMMMMMM

Peace out, yo

I, rissabunny, wish to leave the Star Vela Family. I wish them all the best for the future.

---------

I hope whoever Cari chooses in the future gets along with her better than I did.

I'm sick of trying for people who are going to take sides on such a stupid and petty issue. And with that note, I'm also leaving this community.

I'm sick of the drama surrounding it. I choose not to be a part of it.

~*Rissa*~

P.S. I suggest some of you read To Kill a Mockingbird. Remember to "take a walk in another person's skin" sometimes.

Ta ta~
  • Current Music
    The Trial -- Pink Floyd
  • danaj

Stuffed Zuchinni

Im not a vegetarian,but this is one of my fave meals! You could use it as a side,but I like it as a main.

Ingredients: (for one person) 1 large zuchinni,1 small tomato,half an avacado,half a small onion,and herbs to your liking(I use basil,garlic and paprika),grated cheese.

Method: Cut zuchinni in halves,length ways,and use a teaspoon to scoop out seeds. Blanch in boiling water for about 2 minutes. Finely dice tomato,onion and avacado,to make a salsa and then mix in herbs to your taste,place mixture inside the zuchinni,top with grated cheese and bake in a hot oven for about 10-15 minutes,absolutely delish,very healthy and very fast!

• Current Mood
    creative