July 25th, 2006

Marisa - black and white

Guiding Star poem contest ~ [A Journey in Four Parts]

A haiku for you all; I originally wasn't planning on entering, but I just decided to try something. It's been a while since I last wrote anything.. So I guess it might be kind of weird.. I don't know if I should explain a bit of my style, but ah well..

At least I didn't write in English sonnet-style, haha. e_x; iambic pentameter.. grawr.

Yeah... >_>; It's really last minute, I guess.

I'm not sure if I really have to explain who it's for.. Perhaps it's for a future younger star I don't know yet, or maybe represents a dedication for all Bright Stars to their younger ones. Or something for younger stars to be hopeful about.. someone to assure guidance and a type of closeness.

Or even both. Or all of those.

But I left it slightly vague like that on purpose.

I want to see how people decipher my poem, how they view it, what idea comes to them from reading it.. because everyone will say different things about the same poem and its meanings. ^^;

.. I keep renaming the subject of the second stanza of the four part haiku, geez. It used to be "Need", but I deemed it too awkward... And "Fulfillment" or "Attachment" sounded kind of weird/obsessive as well. ^^;

Collapse )
  • Current Mood
    thoughtful thoughtful