July 5th, 2006

lyra

uhh..anyone up for something like this...? ahe..XP

okay! wee~! for the first time i'm posting an activity for everyone! *prance* saku-chan suggested that i make an activity when she saw my poem..so anyway here it is..

it's really very simple actually..make an anagram poem of your family's name like the one i did..or you can make a poem out of words connected to what the community is or what it stands for..

here are sample words you can use other than your family's name..

star
sisterhood
brotherhood
guide me
star family*
bright star
shadow star
light star
elder star*
young star*

*when you write a poem using these words you could describe your elder star or your young star or your star family..for those orphan stars out there and those bright stars who doesn't have a young star yet..you can describe the elder star/young star you would want to have..you can even put in hints if you want to..*winkwink* OR you can use your young star's/elders star's user name/real name if you want to..there's so many options to choose from really..^^

just remember that each line of your poem must start with the letters of the word you are using..

ex. Star

Shinning from the north
The most brightest of them all
Always guiding me
Reassuring me of another life for the day ahead

aaand your poem itself should be connected to the word you are using..like what i did with my poem (orpheus' piece)

really really sorry if my directions aren't clear..i'm not really good at giving directions *headdesk* just comment here if you have anymore questions..which i'm sure will be a lot..*sweatdrop*

oh yeah..saku-chan..i was just thinking..for those who would make a poem for the whole community per se and not just for their families..i was thinking to make it into a contest of some sort..that the winning poem will have a place in the community's info page for people to see..the winning poem could also stand as a testimonial of some sort for the comm..^^ if you and cari-chan agree then just give me the go signal and i'll change/ add some more rules about making community related poems..^^

goodluck on those poems everyone! (,^^)b

~ Star Lyra
  • Current Mood
    awake
sugar

Shadow Application

I faded_mist wish to apply for a Young Star to become the Light Star of the Star Lyra Family. I promise to uphold our integrity, act as a role model for my young star, and help and guide him/her wherever necessary.

I will consider any member of this community who wishes to become my Young Star – however the choice to accept or not accept any applicant as my Young Star is mine, and mine alone.

My name is: Al (insert with any honorific ^^) or Gail, in RL.

Interests that I wish to share with my family are: I advise you to look in my userinfo...but anyway. First and foremost, I love anime/manga so much that every waking moment of my life has been spent on thinking and speaking about it. -.- I am in to yaoi, and if that's quite disturbing, it's alright; I respect others who don't support it. ^^ I love writing fics and stories even though I'm pretty bad at it <.< Oh, I love books too; usually fantasy in genre but I've gotten hooked up on some supernatural stuff too (e.g. vampires <3). I spend my extra time during weekends going out with my family, but the thing I always look forward to is watching movies ^^ I make icons too; in fact, I spend almost everything left making icons or other graphics of some sort, although I'm still not very good at it....

My age is: drat, I'm only 14; but I'm turning 15 this November, if that's any compensation...

*Notes: I'm rarely get a chance to go online especially during weekdays because of heaps and heaps of schoolwork T-T and as much as possible, I hope that whoever my dear little star would be would understand that... .__. and I hope us three, including Riwa-neesan, my Bright Star will get on pretty well ^^
lyra

A contest! woot~! I'm on a roll! XDDD

Saku-chan agreed and so I'm opening a poem making contest for the community!

These are the rules if you're joining.

1. You must use the word Guiding Star for your entry poem.

2. The rules for making the poem is the same as making a poem for your own family. check this post just in case..^^

3. You can give your poem a different title (kinda like what i did with my poem.)

4. In posting your enrty put "Guiding Star poem contest ~ [your poem's title, if any]" in your title bar so we would know that's you're entering the contest

5. I'm giving everybody 3 weeks. All entries must be in on or before July 26, 2006 (or July 25, 2006 for those living in america/western time).

After three weeks, all entries will be collected and a votation will be held. The winning poem will be added to the community's info page for all visitors to see..it will serve as a testimonial of some sort so make your poem short, sweet and let it show some ___guiding_star pride! ^^

goodluck and have fun! ^^

~ Star Lyra
  • Current Mood
    busy
Swagulation -- Amber

[ Starburst! ]

I, polyurethane, wish to announce that ailes_de_destin will now be the Light Star of the Star Scorpii family.

As a symbol of our acceptance, I give my star:

Welcome to the Star Scorpii family, Neko-bu!

When I started reviewing the applications for the little stars, one person stuck out perfectly for me. We'd been talking for a while and I knew that she was the one. I was just so afraid that someone would have snatched her up before me, but I'm glad that no one did.

I hope you enjoy being in our family. Even if me and Nia-chan can be a bit perverted.

And so that you match me and Nia, an icon!

• Current Music
    Falling Is Like This - Ani Difranco