April 27th, 2006

<3

(no subject)

a_lil_spaz wish to start my own star family under the name of Star Pegasus. I will be held responsible for my family.
I promise to uphold our integrity, act as a role model for my young star, and help and guide him/her wherever necessary.

My name is: Nikki.
Interests that I wish to share with my family are: Music, creativitiy, general welbeing support, schoolwork help and advice(mostly arts and social science), fun and games (virtual birthday parties perhaps?). 
I'd love to give my family members their own star names, from those in the Pegasus constellation...that'd be fun :) 
Do any young stars have any ideas for what they'd like from having a Star Family? Let me know! I look forward to hearing other people's stories.
My age is: Not very old, but meh. I'm 18

Collapse )

I will consider any member of this community who wishes to become my Young Star – however the choice to accept or not accept any applicant as my Young Star is mine, and mine alone. 

• Current Mood
    happy there's no icon for "maternal"
Only me with you

[Proposition] Flat Stanley...err...Flat Star

Small shooting star message from Star Corvus~~

Ever heard of traveling teddy swaps? Flat Stanley's basically the same idea.

Quoted and Altered from the Official Flat Stanley Project:

In the book, Flat Stanley, by Jeff Brown, Stanley is squashed flat by a falling bulletin board. One of the many advantages is that Flat Stanley can now visit his friends by travelling in an envelope.

The person initiating the Flat Stanley project makes a paper Flat Stanley and begins a journal with him for a few days. Then Flat Stanley and the journal is sent to another person who treats Flat Stanley as a guest and fills in a bit of the journal with his adventures and send him on to another person. When the notebook is full, Flat Stanley and the journal are then returned to the original sender. Often, Flat Stanley returns with pins, postcards, and pictures from his visits.

This can also be done through email with a drawing or scan of Flat Stanley as an attachment.

Some cool facts
Throughout Flat Stanley's history, there have been pictures of him with: Bush, Clinton, and Clint Eastwood among other famous/popular(or not so popular) people. ^_^
Other info
Flat Stanley Wikipedia article(it's accurate): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Stanley
A News Story from last year about the hope that Flat Stanley may be able to help kids learn about other cultures, people and experiences: http://www.cnn.com/2005/EDUCATION/03/02/flatstanley/index.html
Kid's Report on Flat Stanley's Trip through the White House!: http://www.whitehouse.gov/kids/flatstanley/index.html

Okay, so is anyone interested in doing a Flat Stanley or perhaps, to make it more relative, a Flat Star?

Depending on what people want to do, we can either do this by snail mail or we can do this via email...

Edit:
This is just a post for if you're interested and in which version email or snail mail or both. I'll make 2 friends-only posts after I get word so that people can include name and email/address depending on which they want to participate in.

I think for the snailmail, we'll have to have either a chat or an email chain of some sort to organize where Flat Stella is heading. And if there is the problem that she managed to get lost in the mail which does happen on occasion. :) ((YES! Finally found a good Flat Star name! ^_~))

For email, we'd be sending out a template attachment of Flat Stella who you can print out and cut out and bring around. For emails, you can write within the email or attach a document for the journal and you can upload pictures too.

Stella sounds nice for a star community, ne? ^_^ Although I feel bad that I know no nongenderspecific star names.
  • Current Music
    Landslide--Fleetwood Mac