?

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Apr. 27th, 2006

a_lil_spaz wish to start my own star family under the name of Star Pegasus. I will be held responsible for my family.
I promise to uphold our integrity, act as a role model for my young star, and help and guide him/her wherever necessary.

My name is: Nikki.
Interests that I wish to share with my family are: Music, creativitiy, general welbeing support, schoolwork help and advice(mostly arts and social science), fun and games (virtual birthday parties perhaps?). 
I'd love to give my family members their own star names, from those in the Pegasus constellation...that'd be fun :) 
Do any young stars have any ideas for what they'd like from having a Star Family? Let me know! I look forward to hearing other people's stories.
My age is: Not very old, but meh. I'm 18

http://www.astro.wisc.edu/~dolan/constellations/constellations/Pegasus.html

Pegasus was later brought to Mount Helicon by Bellerophon and with one kick of his hoof, he caused the spring of Hippocrene to flow. Hippocrene is said to be the source of inspiration to poets. Bellerophon, who slayed the hideous beast Chimaera, became so headstrong that he ordered Pegasus to fly him up to Mount Olympus, the home of the gods. This impudence angered Zeus, who sent an insect to sting the winged horse, who bucked Bellerophon off its back. Needless to say, Bellerophon did not survive the fall to Earth. Pegasus went on to greatness, however, as the "Thundering Horse of Jove" who carried lightning bolts for Zeus.

The reason I chose Pegasus (was a close call between Indus, Pavo and Andromeda) is that I'd like to have a noble family, but all the same one in which we can have lots of fun. And I reckon it's pretty cool that Peggy Sue carried lightning bolts for Zeus. The idea that he caused inspiration to poets is awesome, because I think creativity and artistic expression is both important and beautiful.

I will consider any member of this community who wishes to become my Young Star – however the choice to accept or not accept any applicant as my Young Star is mine, and mine alone. 

Comments

( 9 comments — Leave a comment )
rissabunny
Apr. 27th, 2006 02:28 am (UTC)
That story is SO adorable!! :DDDD GOOD LUCK!!!

~Shadow Star Vela~
crazy_bookworm
Apr. 27th, 2006 02:32 am (UTC)
That story is interesting. Good luck finding your younger star! :D
sakuraflower
Apr. 27th, 2006 03:15 am (UTC)
Ahh that is a great story. So decided to be a grand star rather than a young star?!
That's wonderful :) Will update on the userpage.

Good luck in finding a star - so many to choose from!!!

Star Draco
cruel_claire
Apr. 27th, 2006 03:17 am (UTC)
really nice story..:3 goodluck on your search! *hands out cakes..this cake..^^*

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

~Star Lyra
a_lil_spaz
Apr. 27th, 2006 03:23 am (UTC)
aww man that's some schweet cake!

*gobble gobble...grin*
kohakumiko
Apr. 27th, 2006 03:42 am (UTC)
Omg! That cake so looks yummy! You are the cake queen XD

Much good luck for finding your younger star, hope you have a fun search =3

_disi_
Apr. 27th, 2006 04:05 am (UTC)
I KNEW I HAD SEEN YOU BEFORE! -hits head on desk-

I'm a member of Brisneyland as well XD; -waves-
monkeyzrawesome
Apr. 28th, 2006 04:53 am (UTC)
Good luck with finding a young star that's right for you. I'm really new at this kind of stuff.......so I don't have any good advice. But you sound really nice, and I'm jealous of your cake.
a_lil_spaz
Apr. 28th, 2006 06:06 am (UTC)
teehee thanks for your replies guys.
disi i thought ur piccy looked slightly familiar :)

Lots of luck for finding families!--> luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck
( 9 comments — Leave a comment )

Guiding Star ; Two Rings
___guiding_star
Look Up To The Stars
Website

Latest Month

December 2013
S M T W T F S

Comments

• 17 Jul 2014, 01:37
    wow...sorry I've been out of LJ for so long too...I hope you're okay...I miss everyone too...take care girls!

~Star Lyra
  • 17 Sep 2011, 22:46
    You're very welcome. :3

Ohmy, you and me both. My job requires me to look a computer screen 75% of the time, and most of the time when I get home, I just don't want to look at my laptop again.…
  • 17 Sep 2011, 20:47
    Thanks for the warm welcome! :3

Well, I can certainly understand the unfortunate obligation to real life. I myself work full-time, with computers no less, so there are a lot of days I come home,…
  • 17 Sep 2011, 20:43
    Thanks! *^_^*
  • 14 Sep 2011, 21:53
    It sounds like a plan then~ I'll make you a moderator, and we can collab and divide up jobs and such. ♥