?

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

[Young Star Application]

So I see things here are a little...slow. That's okay; reviving a community has to start somewhere, right? :3 I realize I'm (more than) old enough to start a Star Family of my own, but I'd rather integrate myself into the community under the tutelage of someone with more...experience. I'm new (like greenhorn/virgin new) to this kind of comm, but my "go with the flow," "take 'em as they are" mentality makes it easy for me to mingle with all types. So I'm hoping I mix well.

But enough about that; on with the good stuff:

I plainrea wish to be accepted as a Young Star to any Bright Star or Shadow Star within this community. I promise to respect my Elder Star, uphold the family integrity, and help and guide my family where ever necessary.

My name is: Kimberly

Interests I would like to share with my family are: ...I'm not that interesting? :P If you're looking for something more in-depth, then check out my user profile; it's relatively up-to-date. For the sake of the comm, my primary interests are gaming, blogging on LJ (and by extension, griping about work), writing fanfiction (admittedly, mood-based), and collecting everything from trading cards to jewelry to gaming OSTs. I'm not HUGE into anime/manga; most of my anime/manga loves are from the eighties/early nineties, like Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, GoLion, and Yoroiden Samurai Troopers. I'm way crazier about gaming, especially The Legend of Zelda, which IMO is the single greatest video game franchise ever made (but that's neither here nor there). I'm also a bit of a The Lord of the Rings nut, and though I'm not a Twi-hard (by any means), I do love (and post pretty regularly about) Jackson Rathbone, my celebrity crush. And while updates are few and far between, I do own and maintain an online collective, The Plain Reality Network, so if anyone needs coding/graphic advice (my coding skills are far superior to my graphic skills), I'll be happy to help in any way I can.

I tend to gab a bit about movies, the weather, or whatever stupid thing is happening in the news, but overall I'm not terribly political, and it'd probably be best to avoid adding me in if anyone in the family is overly sensitive and/or overly PC (because I'm not). Generally though, I'm easy to get along with, plus I'm active and check my e-mail about 8,732 times a day. ;)

...If there's anything else, I can't think what it is. -_-; Hope to hear from someone soon! *hugs*

My age is: 24

The right to accept an invitation to join any family is mine to refuse or accept.

Comments

( 8 comments — Leave a comment )
(Deleted comment)
plainrea
Sep. 8th, 2011 07:36 pm (UTC)
Thanks so much for the warm welcome! :)

I don't remember if BSSM was my first anime (the Americanized Voltron was pretty early on), but I do remember it being my favorite. It was pretty much all I'd watch, even though Pokémon and Digimon were the "animes of the month" (at the time). To be honest, I prefer the BSSM manga to the anime (I have the entire series in comic/graphic novel form), but my love of the series is what (originally) got me into web-building. My very first site was a dedication shrine to Kino Makoto/Senshi Jupiter back when Yahoo! ran their freeserver webbuilder on Geocities. I eventually closed the site due to lack of interest (not to mention Geocities closed, and I was forced to move my domain to a new webspace), but it was a pretty big shrine, back in the day.

Zelda and Final Fantasy (the original on NES) are what started my love of gaming. In fact, my very first (and favorite to this day) Zelda game is Zelda II: The Adventure of Link. It's kinda the "black sheep" of the franchise, but as a kid I thought it was the coolest thing ever (up until the N64 when Miyamoto released OoT) and even ten, fifteen years later, it (and the entire Zelda series) still hold a very special place in my heart. In fact, I have an on-going Zelda fanfic at my FFNet archive based on the OoT storyline, which is my longest running fanfic to date.

*takes breath*

...Sorry for rambling. -_-; I'm a tad long-winded, if you couldn't tell. >D Thanks again for the warm welcome. I hope to find a new family very soon!
siete_reinos
Sep. 8th, 2011 06:15 pm (UTC)
Oh wow, we have several things in common! I'm a gamer too, though I am an MMO girl. I play the Lord of the Rings Online, so obviously I'm a big Tolkein nerd too. And I am also NOT PC at all.

We must chat, definitely!
plainrea
Sep. 8th, 2011 08:35 pm (UTC)
*waves* Nice to meet you! *^_^*

My brother plays LotRO and he loves it. I've been meaning to join myself, but I'm head over heels with FATE and haven't found time to download the game and play (plus I'm looking in Torchlight, which was developed by the same dudes responsible for FATE). I've played a couple MMOs in my time (MapleStory, for one), but I'm always turned off by the general douchbaggery of the communities, so I tend to stick to solo-play. I really wish there was a better online community for Xbox 360 (MP is dead for anything besides Halo and Gears of War), but what can you do? *shrugs*

There's a Tolkien convention in my hometown later this month. I won't be showing up in costume or anything, but I'm really looking forward to the event. In fact, just last month my brother and I saw a special screening in theaters for the LotR Extended Edition on blu-ray. It was sick. ;)

I backtracked through the recent entries and noticed you're looking for a family as well. Good luck finding one to join. The community's a little slow right now, so you and I may be in "orphan" status a while. Either way, we should definitely chat. I'm a bit long-winded (if you couldn't tell), and so are quite a few of my friends, but overall my buddy list is pretty cool. Feel free to friend me if none of that scares you off. xP
seiichiyamagai
Sep. 9th, 2011 01:36 am (UTC)
I hope you find a family soon! ^^
plainrea
Sep. 17th, 2011 08:43 pm (UTC)
Thanks! *^_^*
gekkonorondo
Sep. 13th, 2011 03:14 pm (UTC)
Welcome to the community. :)

Hopefully some new active members will be able to spark some life into a nice little community like this one. Sometimes it's hard to maintain an online life, so people already settled into families have kind of drifted off into their own thing. Maybe if we're lucky we can pull some back, or bring in some new members that would be interested. Either way, I do hope that you enjoy your stay here. We're a relatively nice bunch, and we usually don't bite (unless you're into that sort of thing ;3).

Also, I would just like to say that Zelda is an amazing game series. One of the loves of my gaming life. ♥~

| Shadow Star Cassiopeia |
plainrea
Sep. 17th, 2011 08:47 pm (UTC)
Thanks for the warm welcome! :3

Well, I can certainly understand the unfortunate obligation to real life. I myself work full-time, with computers no less, so there are a lot of days I come home, look at my personal PC and think, "No more!" :F

And yay for Zelda♥! I see this is a comm for people of good tastes. >D
gekkonorondo
Sep. 17th, 2011 10:46 pm (UTC)
You're very welcome. :3

Ohmy, you and me both. My job requires me to look a computer screen 75% of the time, and most of the time when I get home, I just don't want to look at my laptop again. Although I'm probably on my laptop more than I should be, that time has been greatly diminished now that I'm working on my undergrad again!

Of course this a community with good taste, ㅋㅋㅋ, I'm one of the mods. B] Kidding, kidding, we've just got a wide variety of tastes here! ♥
( 8 comments — Leave a comment )

Guiding Star ; Two Rings
___guiding_star
Look Up To The Stars
Website

Latest Month

December 2013
S M T W T F S