paunchy, balding internet demo☭rat (lone_concertina) wrote in ____rhapsodical,
paunchy, balding internet demo☭rat
lone_concertina
____rhapsodical

• Music:
Dear friends,

For the past two and a half years, this community has been a labor of love for me. (Sometimes it was like my mom used to say in that I loved it, but I sure didn't have to like it, but the love never died.)

We've been through a lot together, you [guys] and I. We've endured some pretty rough theme weeks, my transformation from indie slut to whatever I am now, Jeff's marriage, a few love connections (Jamie & Tim for you old-timers), a revolving door of great posters, pixivixen & threv's engagement, and I'm sure a few emotional crises on all of our parts. Best of all, I know a lot of us have made some very dear friends through here, and for that it is worth everything we've put into it.

That's why it pains me to point out the obvious: this community is in a serious state of disrepair and I don't know of anyone willing to put forth the effort to bring it back to its glory days of 2005 and 2006. I know I'm sort of springing this on everyone, but you had to see it coming. My post on Tuesday was the first one since Christmas Eve and, while the non-posters can't see this, our downloads are less than 1/5 of what they used to be on average. It seems to me that it won't matter if I seek out new posters, bring back theme week, or any sort of upheaval of how things currently are - we've all moved on.

So I guess what I'm saying is that this party's finally come to an end. I'll leave all the current links in our box.net account until it expires (in July?), so help yourself to everything that's been posted for the past few months. And if all the posters want to do one last hurrah, that's cool too.

Anyway, I adore you all and wish everyone the best. Thanks for everything.

Alicia
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 31 comments
Previous
← Ctrl ← Alt
Next
Ctrl → Alt →
Previous
← Ctrl ← Alt
Next
Ctrl → Alt →