?

No account? Create an account

_serk
10 January 2008 @ 03:22 pm
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Easter and all that.

My x-mas was pretty amazing. I went home to Alabama and shot guns, drove SUV's, shopped at Walmart, and went to the dentist. You know, America stuff.

Apparently this band is Canadian, but I listened to them a lot while I was home and I think of them fondly as a Southern sort of folky goodness. Don't get me wrong though, this isn't folk music. The name might be the folkiest thing about it. However, there are banjos. Lots of banjos.

I strongly recommend the album, Love is Simple.

Hope y'all had good ones.

Akron/Family - Ed Is A Portal

Akron/Family - Don't Be Afraid, You're Already Dead

Me, shootin:

Bang.

paunchy, balding internet demo☭rat
10 January 2008 @ 11:51 pm
Dear friends,

For the past two and a half years, this community has been a labor of love for me. (Sometimes it was like my mom used to say in that I loved it, but I sure didn't have to like it, but the love never died.)

We've been through a lot together, you [guys] and I. We've endured some pretty rough theme weeks, my transformation from indie slut to whatever I am now, Jeff's marriage, a few love connections (Jamie & Tim for you old-timers), a revolving door of great posters, pixivixen & threv's engagement, and I'm sure a few emotional crises on all of our parts. Best of all, I know a lot of us have made some very dear friends through here, and for that it is worth everything we've put into it.

That's why it pains me to point out the obvious: this community is in a serious state of disrepair and I don't know of anyone willing to put forth the effort to bring it back to its glory days of 2005 and 2006. I know I'm sort of springing this on everyone, but you had to see it coming. My post on Tuesday was the first one since Christmas Eve and, while the non-posters can't see this, our downloads are less than 1/5 of what they used to be on average. It seems to me that it won't matter if I seek out new posters, bring back theme week, or any sort of upheaval of how things currently are - we've all moved on.

So I guess what I'm saying is that this party's finally come to an end. I'll leave all the current links in our box.net account until it expires (in July?), so help yourself to everything that's been posted for the past few months. And if all the posters want to do one last hurrah, that's cool too.

Anyway, I adore you all and wish everyone the best. Thanks for everything.

Alicia

Current Music: Do Right Woman, Do Right Man - Aretha Franklin