December 16th, 2003

scully red hair

Let the games begin...

Michael Jackson is being charged on Thursday.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/Music/12/16/jackson.charge/index.html

Also, in the story it said that if MJ's kids are in danger of being taken away from their father, that his parents would adopt them. I don't know about you guys, but I think they're terrible parents. I would never want them to raise his kids (if that's what it came down to). Let me know what you guys think about both matters.
  • Current Mood
    aggravated aggravated
[britney] flower

(no subject)

Some News Is Often Buried - Like Hidden Treasures

Was the significant document released by the Smoking Gun buried in the news because it could have indicated that the prosecution´s case against Michael Jackson was falling apart?

The document from the Los Angeles County Department of Family & Children´s Services that basically clears Michael Jackson of allegations from a boy back in February, is the same boy who is once again leveling the same allegations now.

Clearly in the report it states "As per the sexual abuse allegations, the mother stated that her children are never left alone with the entertainer. She further stated that her son has slept in the same room as the entertainer but they did not share a bed. The entertainer would sleep on the floor."

The document also reads "The child, (name deleted), was interviewed by the CSW as to the allegations and he denied any form of sexual abuse. He denied that he ever slept in the same bed as the entertainer. The child (name deleted), also denied sexual abuse ... The investigation by the Sensitive Case Unit concluded the allegations of neglect and sexual abuse to be unfounded."

If this document is accurate (and we have no reason to believe that it´s not) why was this report found on page 20 of the New York Times? Why did they downplay it to call as little attention to it as possible? Wasn´t the arrest played up when the story first broke? What´s missing here is any sense of balance and perspective.

It was the same kind of coverage from the TV news. Speculation always plays better than confirmation.

The lesson here is to remember that when the media screams "The Sky Is Falling!" remember that the "Never Mind, Sky Remains Safely Above" will be found somewhere in the back of the news pages.

Source: Reuters/HollywoodReporter/MJJF
  • Current Music
    Michael Jackson - Privacy
matador

ATTN MJ FANS!

This Christmas, show your support for Michael Jackson by giving Number 1's as a gift to at LEAST 1 person! Whether they ask for it or not. Spread the gospel! Maybe if enough of this do this, we can put it in the top 10.

Pass it on!

Also, have any of you seen the pic of MJ riding a roller coaster with some kids? He looks like he's having the time of his life. Anyway, i'm wondering if any of you know where i can find this pic online, or whether any of you could make it into an LJ icon? Or any pictures of Michael Jackson riding roller coasters, come to think of it. I'd love you forever and ever.
Man, i love that picture.
Karen O; and kittens!

Jackson gets boost in new opinion poll ~ 'bout time..

~USA TODAY

Fewer Americans believe Michael Jackson is guilty of wrongdoing even as prosecutors prepare to file child molestation charges against the pop star, a new USA TODAY/CNN/Gallup poll finds.

According to the Dec. 11-14 poll, 54% said the sexual abuse allegations are either "definitely true" or "probably true." That is down from 62% in a similar poll conducted Dec. 5-7.

The 8-point drop could be a result of new revelations that seem to bolster Jackson's case.

A confidential memo leaked to TheSmokingGun.com last week showed Los Angeles child welfare officials cleared Jackson of any mis-conduct during a February investigation involving the same boy at the center of the current investigation. Other reports attacked the credibility of the accuser and his family.

Santa Barbara County officials accuse Jackson of molesting a young cancer patient at his Neverland Valley Ranch.

In the new poll, 31% said the allegations are "probably not true" or "definitely not true," up slightly from 29% in the earlier poll. The poll has an error margin of 3 percentage points.

More people now are not sure what to think: 15% had no opinion about the allegations, compared with 9% in the earlier poll.

The new poll also revealed a wide disparity between blacks and whites in their feelings about Jackson.

A majority 54% of blacks had a "favorable" opinion about Jackson, compared with 14% of whites. Only 30% of blacks had an "unfavorable" opinion of the singer, compared with 72% of whites. Thirteen percent of blacks and 11% of whites had a "mixed" or "neutral" opinion.

Charges will be filed on Thursday or Friday in Santa Maria, Calif., Santa Barbara County District Attorney Thomas Sneddon said in a statement. Sneddon is expected to file multiple counts for lewd or lascivious acts with a child under 14.

Jackson, who is out on $3 million bail, calls the allegations a "big lie."
  • Current Mood
    tired tired
[britney] flower

(no subject)

I have some very distubring information about the Brutality Michael Jackson recieved from Santa Barbra's Police on Dan Abrams show "The Abram Report". Firpo Carr was there to share..

The Transcript - http://msnbc.msn.com/Default.aspx?id=3692843&p1=01%7C%7C%7C%7C003
The MP3 for those who want to listen - http://mjxone.com/drcarrm.mp3

warning - what they say will make you mad - remain calm guys..
  • Current Music
    Michael Jackson - This Time Around