December 1st, 2003

(no subject)

Hi everyone! *takes a bow*

I'm a new member, freshly joined and especially looking forward to sharing thoughts/feelings/opinions on the wonderfully exceptional person we all know as Michael Jackson.

Anyway, my name is Danielle and I feel that Michael has contributed more to this world than most people these days give him credit for. We're just the lucky ones who have happened to gain such insight. ;) He's accomplished an amazing sense of creativity and expression during his life so far, and has my unconditional admiration and support.

This is really all I have to say for now, I hope to get to know (and interact) with you all eventually.

<3 you, Michael.
  • Current Mood
    restless restless
owl

Hi. new here.

I'm a newbie. My name is Cass, 15, Philadelphia. I've always listened to Michael, but it never really hit me until the past week how much I liked him.

Well, I already liked him before I saw it, but I saw the Behind the Music of his about a week ago. And it really gave me more of a perspective (sp?) of his hectic life. I can see people's points to that he is crazy or something. But, as most people know- I like weird things and people. Also, I see things and people differently than other people do. Very differently.

His life was in itself very crazy. He was a shy kid, and never really came out of his shell until he was in his mid 20's. (TY VH1 for the info.) And he did never really have any time to mature or grow as a person. This explains his love of childhood.

And, I think that your childhood is the best time of your life. You're sheltered from the evil in the world. Like, I grew up in the early 90's. I never knew it was about grunge music, rap battles and really bad fashions. I mean, I did get a pair or two of jellies, but still.

So, I think he is a genius and a hero for people. For him to hold the innocence of childhood, is inspiring.\

About his looks- If he thinks that he is beautiful or handsome, then let him be. People always say, "Don't care what other people think." Well, we're the side that says stuff that he doesn't care about. Maybe that is his thoughts of it. Everyone has seen worse than that. And he was harassed about the way he looked when he was younger, so it probably ate at him. He is the idea of beauty now.

And I did have a dream the other night, which I'd like to share:
We were back on the cruise, well..for a bit of the dream. I walk into this like...party hall and there was someone getting married. Then, after it, was a like..circus setting and Michael Jackson was performing. Then, after he was done, everyone just left, but he was still there. And so was I. I told him how I admired him so much. But, the twist was that he was in his youth. Like...20's. So, I tried to tell him how scared I was about what was going to happen, and try to tell him what was going to happen. But, I just started to cry.
It was weird. I want to see him again, in my dreams. I want to go back.

Sorry for the awful photo!!

title or description

Selling this..its 5.5 by 5.5 cm. Way bigger then a normal button! Its in perfect condition, from the 80s! they dont make these anymore. Im selling it because i love Paul Mcartney, And what MJ did to him is unforgivable.

ANYWAY since you guys obviously love him i thought one of you would like to sport this fancy button. Mjs still pretty black in it and hes wearing a white shirt and striped jacket. It says 'michael jackson' in his signature next to his head..sorry the photo is so crappy!!!

Anyway, MAKE AN OFFER..this thang is rare.
  • Current Music
    Mint Car- The Cure
GGD: Jonny/Dimmed and Gone

(no subject)

January 9th Court Room Demonstration - UPDATE
Monday, December 01, 2003
Support Site and Message Board

As previously reported, on January 9th 2004, fans from all over the world will be gathering outside the Santa Barbara Court House to show their support for Michael Jackson.

An official site has been set up in support for the King of Pop, at supportmichaeljackson.net and includes the latest information on events and vigils of support. It also contains a Message Board where fans can discuss the January 9th demonstration at length.

To visit the site, click here.
  • Current Music
    Karma Chameleon - Culture Club
owl

vitiligo

I was reading a bio of MJ, and it said the disorder he had was vitiligo. Vitiligo is when you get patches of white on your skin. So, I was wondering why he was all white, and not just patches of white. I looked at a site about treatments and found this:
(from http://www.niams.nih.gov/hi/topics/vitiligo/vitiligo.htm)
Depigmentation

Depigmentation involves fading the rest of the skin on the body to match the already white areas. For people who have vitiligo on more than 50 percent of their bodies, depigmentation may be the best treatment option. Patients apply the drug monobenzylether of hydroquinone (monobenzone or Benoquin*) twice a day to pigmented areas until they match the already depigmented areas. Patients must avoid direct skin-to-skin contact with other people for at least 2 hours after applying the drug.

The major side effect of depigmentation therapy is inflammation (redness and swelling) of the skin. Patients may experience itching, dry skin, or abnormal darkening of the membrane that covers the white of the eye. Depigmentation is permanent and cannot be reversed. In addition, a person who undergoes depigmentation will always be abnormally sensitive to sunlight.
  • Current Mood
    surprised surprised
owl

Fuck

I hate this. Everyone keeps on telling me that it's wrong. I'm trying to stay with my standing here, but it's tough. There's so many people that want to tear us down. But, we have to stay strong. Stay with the idea of innocence, the idea that we made on our own. Don't let others influence us!
STAY STRONG!
  • Current Music
    The Lost Children- MJ