____gunxbang

• Mood:
  • Music:

Pull the Trigger

Name:Lauren
Oritentation: Straight
Taken or Single: Taken

Three Favourite Bands and why, no crappy one word answers please:

1. Cradle of Filth To people who don't like metal music, they probably come off as a band that doesn't sing-only screams and performs endless instrumental songs. But for those, who truly appreciate metal music, they are amazing and talented to no end. Whether you're the one who hates metal music or loves it, you have to give them credit for their lyrics. That is what I admire most about them. You won't hear the overly used topics or lines from them, they are truly original. Dani Filth is an amazing lyricist, and as a lyricist, I look up to him in many ways. I love them for the originality and their talent.

2. AdemaI have a strong feeling I'm going to get a lot of insults for this but I love the sound they have. Sometimes, I just want to relax and listen to some catchy sounding music with a good beat and a decent vocalist-and well Adema is it. They are a simple band with a hard rock sound, and it just relaxes me. Music is my therapy, and this band serves as a great shrink at times.

3. SOAD If you aren't into politics you probably wouldn't care about this band too much. Another band I love for their lyrics. They write about war, politics and issues of the day and deliver them with an awesome set of vocals and a kick ass background sound. There are the occasional songs that make me roll my eyes, but for the most part they are a great band.

Pick one and explain your views on it:

Same-sex marriage
Organised Religion
Straight Edge First of all, let me say I am not straight edge. Don't write me off because of that, keep an open mind as I explain my opinion. I respect people who choose to be straight edge, they made a very good decision. I'm not putting down people who aren't sXe by saying that, I just said I wasn't, but lets face it: it is a healthy decision. However, I do find that there are more artificial sxe people than there are real, dedicated sxe people. Sometimes because people don't truly understand the meaning of sxe, which would mean to never smoke/drink/do drugs (and I hear in some cases have sex) for the rest of their lives, even when it is legal, and other times because they think its the "in" thing to say/do. Unless you are actually sxe, don't say you are. I also find billboard sxe people annoying. Thats what I call it, anyways, and by that I mean people who feel the need to broadcast their edge to the world. Whos' myspaces are filled with "sxe" and "xxx" banners in every direction. I don't appreciate preachers either. If you are a respectable sxe person, you know that it is a personal decision and you do not have to let everyone know about it, nor preach to other people to become sxe.
So, in conclusion, I am happy for those who are truly sxe, I think they've made a wise decision-I just don't like how mainstream sxe has become and that every other person will say they are sxe when they probably are not.
Abortion
Underage Drinking
Drugs

Describe yourself in 5 sentences: I am a great listener, and a very trustworthy person. I often get into debates about humanity, life issues, and random topics of the day with anyone who has an opinion and can present it in an intelligent manner. I love writing: lyrics, poetry, stories, in foreign languages, letters, scripts, etc. My greatest fear is losing the people I love in a way I could never get them back (that would be death.) My biggest pet peeves are high school drama, immaturity (to a certain extent), & ignorance.

What are your aims in life, what do you want to acomplish and how do you
hope to succede?
Right now my basic goals are to finish up high school with a 3.0 GPA and get accepted into Montclair State. From there, I want to major in English and/or maybe psychology. I will be working as a bartender through out college, and I hope to be a part time lyricist and get my lyrics out in the world, and a full time journalist for a high quality newspaper after college. Writing is one of my biggest passions in life, and of course it is always best to incorporate a passion into a career choice. Outside of school and my preferred career, I am hoping to get married to my bf in my mid 20s and become a homeowner with him. We already set a plan on how to save money up for a house, and that seems pretty bullet proof. I know I sound naive when I say I love my bf and we are going to end up together, but in all honesty its truly how I feel. And noone will ever convince me otherwise, no matter how many "you're just a 16 year old with the same dream every high school couple has" I get.

Why do you want to be in this community? It certainly seems interesting, I guess the name and vibe I got from it drew me in.

How did you find out about us? Just a random promo I saw.

Promote in 2 places and post links:
http://candyxcorpses.livejournal.com/622.html
http://community.livejournal.com/00000000000000b/
Pictures - include a salute to ensure that you are genuine: I sincerely apoligize for not having a salute at the moment. I actually just made this lj, and my digital is out of batteries. I promise, I will get a satute eventually-most likely over the weekend. Here are my photos, and another apology for the size:
001.)
002.)
003.)

Image hosting by Photobucket

old photos

the last one is just a body pic, some communities ask for them, not trying to come off skanky or anything >.<
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 6 comments