I am in recovery from a life of restricting, purging, overexcersing, and hating myself. For once in the 20 years of my life, I actually feel good about myself!
Anyways, I've started a blog- a different approach to thinking about ED recovery: with intellectual curiosity.
Please read, hope it helps, and comment if it does or doesn't!
You are all so brave for working on making your life worth living!
I had a livejournal years ago but am happy to be back, determined to find support on my path to recovery, and help others struggling with the same diseases/addictions/traumas. I will post tonight on my page a summary of my first step so those of you who want to can get to know me a little better. Thank you all for being here and looking forward to sharing my experiences, struggles, strengths, and hopes.
Hey. I'm not new to livejournal, but this journal is new. If that makes sense. :) Feel free to add me or whatever.
* Name: Stephanie
* Age: 16
* Location: Herts, UK
* An explanation of your e.d.: I'd prefer not to go into it, but let's just say I've suffered with disordered eating for a long time
* How long have you had it?: Since I was around 12/13
* Have you been officially diagnosed?: As bulimic, yes.
* Have you been treated for it?: Treatment's getting sorted at the moment. :\
* Have you been hospitalized for it?: I was hospitalized before, but it was for a number of things. An ED was one of them though.
* Have you been "in recovery"?: I suppose I will be soon
* Do other people know?: Some people. It's not a secret, but I'm not exactly open about it.
OTHER MENTAL HEALTH
* Any other mental illness?: Body dysmorphic disorder, depression
* Any medications?: Fluoxetine
* Any other "self-destructive habits" (like self-injury, substance abuse, etc)?: Self injury, smoking
* Are you in therapy?: I've been seeing various therapists since I was 12. At the moment I am
OTHER UNRELATED STUFF ABOUT YOU
* Are you in school?: Yes, but only until May. Then off to college.
* What kind of music do you like?: I have a pretty broad taste... favourite bands though are the Subways, Hole, the Von Bondies, The White Stripes etc...
* What's your favorite color?: Red probably
* What's a hobby you have?: Singing, playing music, acting
* If you could live anywhere, where would it be? I don't know. Somewhere slightly more interesting than Watford!
I am doing a research report on the neurological and biological contributions to eating disorders and need to gether statistics. It would be greatly apprectiated if volunteers could fill out the information under the cut and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org
between a future
I couldn't reach
and a past
I was to
afraid to leave
Iost in the shadow
of a struggle
I began to
in the silence
that engulfed me