Schadenfreude (Kat) (sugarpuss) wrote in _______ohrapeme,
Schadenfreude (Kat)
sugarpuss
_______ohrapeme

NOT A REAL APPLICATION; testing the HTML (but say what you'd vote anyway!)

Edit: The application format works perfectly. Behind the cut is an example of a perfect application. It is unedited, every answer is answered THOROUGHLY (except the promotion one, since I get to skip that for now), and the pictures are clear. Applications are important, so be thorough and make it look like you put effort into it.

Basics

Name: Kat.

Age (no applicants under fourteen!): 25.

Sexual Preference: Bisexual, with a leaning towards effeminate men.

Status (married, dating, single, etc.; post a photo if you'd like: Todd (enemaboy) and I have been together for just under a year and a half.

Hobbies/interests: Reading, writing, sleeping, arguing, harm reduction, learning, watching, teaching, music, concerts, criminal psychology, serial killers, forensics, anything relating to Hitler/Mengele/Auschwitz, conspiracy theories, urban legends, etymology, anything from the eighties, responsible recreational drug use, Livejournal, etc.

Favorites

Three or more favorite bands/artists: Tori Amos, Pink Floyd, The Cure, Depeche Mode, Poison, GNR, Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Counting Crows, Hooverphonic, etc.

Three or more favorite books/authors: Elizabeth Wurtzel (Prozac Nation, More Now Again), John Douglas/Robert Ressler (Mindhunter, Whoever Fights Monsters, The Cases That Haunt Us), Poppy Z. Brite (Drawing Blood, Wormwood, Lost Souls, Exquisite Corpse), older Stephen King, Neil Gaiman, Hunter S. Thompson, Augusten Burroughs (Sellevision), William S. Burroughs, Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen, The Phantom Tollbooth by Norman Juster... I have a million. True crime, books about mental illness, good horror fiction, drug literature.

Three or more favorite films: Happiness, Gia, The Animal Room, SLC Punk, Groove, Go, Requiem for a Dream, Rock Star, Hedwig & the Angry Inch, Crash, House of 1000 Corpses, The Devil's Rejects, The Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Labyrinth, The Princess Bride, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, The Neverending Story, The Secret Garden, A Little Princess, Alice in Wonderland, The Ring, Evil Dead 2, Super Troopers, The Shawshank Redemption, The Big Lebowski, Head, I Spit On Your Grave, The Last House on the Left... literally, hundreds.

Favorite websites: www.livejournal.com, www.metalsludge.com, www.dancesafe.org, www.bluelight.nu, www.thisisacryforhelp.com, www.crimelibrary.com, www.snopes.com, www.hereinmyhead.com, www.yessaid.com, www.idthispill.com, www.rxlist.com, www.erowid.org, www.lycaeum.org, www.addictinggames.com, www.tomatonation.com, www.toriamos.com, www.rocksnobs.com, www.x-entertainment.com, www.i-mockery.com, www.somethingawful.com, www.consumptionjunction.com, www.tommylee.tv, www.rikkirockett.com, www.motley.com, www.bangme.net, etc.

A favorite quote: "Women should be obscene and not heard." -Groucho Marx

Other

What is your opinion on...

...abortion?: I am completely pro-choice, but adamantly against the idea of abortion as a birth control method AND the belief that "pro-choice" is synonymous with "pro-abortion" or "pro-death". I firmly believe in a woman's right to choose (again, so long as it's not a birth control method or through complete carelessness on her part). The idea that abortion could be made illegal again sickens and terrifies me. It will not stop abortion; it will send us back to the days of back-alley abortion clinics, causing not only deaths of unborn children but of mothers as well.

...drugs and alcohol?: I fully support responsible recreational drug use and legalization. I have been a responsible drug users for ten years. I am a harm reductionist, which basically means that I know that people have always done and always will do drugs, and that I believe in spreading the complete truth about drugs, the good and the bad, so that people can be educated and better equipped to make choices as to what to ingest. It follows the logic that if you are going to have a pool in your yard, it doesn't matter how high a fence you put around it -- you still should teach your children how to swim. I moderate two forums for Dancesafe.org; DS is a non-profit organization that supports safer drug use. Alcohol is factually among the worst things you can put in your body (at least in any excess) and is factually considerably more harmful than most illegal drugs.

...gay marriage? There is no reason, period, why any two consenting adults who wish to be married should not be allowed to. Any people lucky enough to find love should be able to enter a legally-binding marriage if they wish to.

...premarital sex? Well, I've had plenty and don't regret it. To me, it's not about doing it at a certain age or before a certain event but rather a person's maturity and personal choice. Sex can be just sex; it doesn't have to be a life-changing event and often isn't. Also, I would hate to have not had my fun before I get married because after the first time you have sex, you usually get curious about doing it more, with different people, and that's nothing to be thinking once you're married. And as I say it, you don't buy a car without test-driving it first.

...capital punishment (the death penalty)? COMPLETELY against. It has been factually proven to not deter crime. No person should have the right to take another person's life, even if the person taking the life is a person of authority and even if the person getting killed killed other people. It has been said that it costs less money than keeping someone in jail for life but this has also been proven untrue. Several people were found innocent AFTER they were executed, which is enough of a reason alone to not do it. I also think I'd personally RATHER be just "put to sleep" than spend the rest of my life locked in a box. As the small child of an FBI agent asked her father, "Why are they going to kill that man?" and her father replied, "Because he killed other people". The little child's response was, "But then daddy, who will kill them?" It is a vicious cycle that doesn't solve anything or undo the crimes, and instead of just having the criminals victims' families in torment for the loss of a loved one, it unnecessarily puts the CRIMINALS' loved ones in that hell, when they didn't do anything wrong.

Give us one reason why we should accept you: I own you, don't bother.

Say something nice about/to each moderator (and try to stay away from generic stuff about our pretty eyes; show us you care! glance at our journals or userinfo!):
barbieismywhore: She seems cool and receptive to discussion.
____ultrasex: She rules for making me a mod.
sugarpuss: Oh, I rock everything.

If you are able to, make us a promotional banner:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com, along with the others credited to me in the userinfo.

Promote this community in two places that allow it and provide us with links: I get to skip this. :)

Pictures

Post NO LESS than three and NO MORE than six CLEAR photos of yourself. (By "clear", we mean no blurry shots, nothing Photoshopped, no huge or tiny pictures, etc.):

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Subscribe

• Post a new comment

Error

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 3 comments