I'm not new to Livejournal. I hated the new layout from years ago and i went to dreamwidth but its vacant. So i'm back, accepting of the change. I have so many interests and wide arrange of hobbies that its hard to put them all down. Mostly i am a mom with a partner of 7 years.
We have been working very hard putting some dreams into place. I own my own grooming salon after countless years working for a corporate salon. I have been open for 4 years. Greg my partner has been bathing dogs for me since i opened, making it easier for us to accommodate more people. This year in 2020 we plan to buy a house and are looking for a house with land. We are willing to settle for a started home in a neighborhood though because we have a baby on the way and our rental is not big enough for a 4th member of the family.
We have recently decided to go vegetarian because of ethical reasons of how we feel about american farming and mass production. I'm not against animals for food but i am against poorly treated farmers and having to be forced to mass produce just to make a pay check.( Read more...Collapse )
I boast a Tumblr with thousands of followers, but none of them talk to me, so I decided to return here for the few that will.
You can find my interests in my profile. I am a super artsy intellectual--a true Brooklyn hipster. Oh, and I'm a 28 year old male who's never been kissed. I stay in my room, avoiding sunlight to prevent aging so I can make up for lost time. One day.
I'm pretty friendly and down to earth - very easy to get along with. I don't care to be around a lot of drama or negativity and always try to see the glass as half full. I love nature and being outdoors with my dogs and my camera. I'd much rather be around a campfire with a few friends than at a loud club or party.
I enjoy a wide range of hobbies and activities such as hiking, cycling, video games, netflix, documentaries, photography, traveling horror films, Marc Maron and Bob's Burgers.
My journal is brand new - today is it's birthday (as well as mine!) and I look forward to getting started and meeting some new friends.
You're not going to see a lot of drama or political garbage in my journal, but instead the day to day musings of my life as I struggle to find my inner peace again, my adventures exploring the world around me, and a lot of photos of my insanely adorable dogs! And hey, who doesn't need at least one cool hippie friend?
- if you rarely update, please skip to the next post.
Some basic bits about me -
- I'm 31, so I'd like to meet some people closer to my age.
- In a long term relationship - 2 dogs - 1 cat - 1 step son.
- I work with dogs.
- I love Nature & wildlife - keeping it protected is very important to me.
- I'm an outdoorsy hippie type of girl trapped inside a city girl.
- I'm the most laid back drama free person you'll ever meet.
- I'm a quiet stay at home with a few close friends type of girl versus the party with a bunch of friends type.
- I live off energy drinks.
- I'm not into politics and religions. I have my opinions on the subjects, but keep them to myself & respesct other's.
- I'm pretty damn awesome.
Some interests -
(I'd like to meet some friends who like at least a few of the same things)
- Book worm - I always have a book with me. Currently reading Dean Koontz & Ransom Riggs.
- Gamer - I play Sims, Fable, Skyrim, Battlefield, WoW, Gears of War, Red Dead Redemption, and Halo to name a few.
- Netflix Addict - Bob's Burgers, Supernatural, Doctor Who, The Walking Dead, Shameless, History, Science, Space & Nature Documentaries.
- Other interests include Photography, Hiking, Nature & Wildlife, Camping, Arts & Crafts, Gardening, Hockey.
My Journal -
- 99.9% friends only.
- I write about the usual day to day stuff - work, friends, relationships, and plenty of pet photos. - never memes or surveys.
- I usually write once or twice a week (sometimes more), but check my friends list daily.
- I enjoy actually getting to know my lj friends and building real connections and friendships. If I add you, you're not going to be just another number.
I'm looking for active users who update often - comment when you have something to say - and make an effort to have and maintain a friendship.
If you're interested in adding- great!
All I ask is that you introduce yourself in a comment (or message) - don't just add me without saying anything, it's rude and I won't add you back.
- If you add me and we don't hit it off - no worries or hard feelings.
I was in a bad place for a long time, but I got help and made it through the worst of it. Now I’m trying to figure out who I am and what I want. My goals are to back into old hobbies/interests and find new ones, be more outgoing (even if it’s just online for now), and to build a little bit of confidence.
My journal will mostly be boring day-to-day stuff, talk about getting back into things I used to like, talk about new experiences, random babbling, and maybe a bit of fandom related stuff. There may be some complaining about dumb things here and there.
I’m looking for positive people who are laid back and don’t have a lot of drama. People I can really interact with and get to know would be lovely.
I am hosting a friendzy - come and join in the fun!
Female from Canada (Almost 30)
Getting back onto LJ! I've been on here through pretty much all my high school years, way back when, then sort of dropped off...
I was really big into jrock/pop and a bunch of other stuff involving Japan. (Getting back into it)
I also really love photography. I'm pretty easy going, and my interests are all over the place, so it's hard to pin down any real specific ones haha.
Looking to find friends and that sense of community I felt back when I was on LJ. I really miss it!
My entries are often about day to day life, thoughts, or random things. They usually aren't too long. Some complaining at times, but who isn't guilty of that :p
My journal is mostly friends only now, not strictly friends only.
Feel free to add me and comment! I'd love to meet new people :)
My old journals were mihogoeth & alifelessdoll
If anyone actually remembers or had come across me (doubtful) :P
INTERESTS & HOBBIES: my main obsessions are music, cartoons, harry potter and the horror genre. i also love true crime, animals and nail polish. i can spend an entire night watching creepy vids on youtube. i love playing guitar (even though im not great at it), i go surfing every summer and camping every summer/fall.
MOVIES: the Harry Potter series, Snatch, Jaws, The Nighmare Before Christmas, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the Halloween series, zombie movies, Natural Born Killers, Shaun of the Dead, Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas, Fight Club, Boondock Saints..
TV SHOWS: Metalocalypse, Futurama, The Simpsons, King of the Hill, Rick and Morty, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Ed Edd n Eddy, Invader Zim, Spaced, Roseanne, The Golden Girls, Bobs Burgers, Archer, Mr. Pickles, Squidbillies, South Park, Summer Heights High, Home Movies, The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Seinfeld,
MUSIC: Modest Mouse, Dethklok, Incubus, (earlier) Korn, OK Go, Weezer, Rammstein, Finntroll, Die Antwoord, Nirvana, NIN, Tenacious D, Reel Big Fish, Sublime and many more. i also love all classical music.
ANYTHING ELSE?: im a mom with a 6 year old and i have 3 furbabies: a jack russell, dachshund and a rat. i also have a tumblr if you're into that kind of thing.
also, i want to add that my journal may be new but im not so new to livejournal. i was originally on here from 2003-2006 and had taken an unexpected 10 year hiatus after a big life change then woke up one morning and randomly decided that i wanted an online blog again so here i am!
my icon is me.
A few things about my journal...
- I use my journal as a 'dress diary'! I create MERMAID TAILS so it's filled with progress pics of whatever tail and/or costume I'm currently working on. I will also work on MERMAID THEMED costumes as well, sometimes it's a mashup with another character, and sometimes I do regular 'human' costumes from comics, cartoons or movies but yea mostly it's mermaids. Finished costumes are open to the Public but progress is Friends List Only.
- I also use my journal as an art journal and if you guessed that my artwork is mostly all mermaid artwork, you've guessed correctly. I like to take Pop Culture characters from various genres (cartoons, comics, movies, tv, etc etc.) and turn them into mermaids! There is a lot of nostalgic characters over there. Finished artwork is open to the Public but progress is Friends List Only.
- I attend comic conventions and various events throughout the New England area (I live in MA, USA) and post pics of said events. Mostly it's to show off finished costumes and usually those are Public posts that anyone can see.
- I participate in Inktober! Artists all over the world take on the InkTober drawing challenge by doing one ink drawing a day for the whole entire month of October. It's was created in 2009 as a challenge to improve inking skills and develop positive drawing habits. It has since grown into a worldwide endeavor with thousands of artists taking on the challenge every year.
- I recently discovered MerMay, which is a lot like Inktober only instead of an inked piece every day, it's a mermaid art piece everyday and for the whole month of May. I missed it this year but plan on participated in 2017.
- I am an Island Dream Sketch Card contributer, which is a charity group that collects money for hospital's Family Assistance Fund, that helps families and children that are suffering severe hardship due to an unexpected illness and either social or economic deprivation. The funds go towards paying for such things as critical prescriptions for children, overnight lodging, clothing, and groceries when these items are sorely needed.
- I don't post my about my personal life unless it pertains to my artwork and my costumes. I generally try to keep my journal focused on art, costumes and anything mermaid related, like mermaid books! I love to read but mostly it's mermaid books. I'm currently reading Dark Tide from the Waterfire Saga Series by Jennifer Donnelly.
I do read people's journal on my down time but I won't comment unless I feel like I can contribute to the topic that has been written about.
OK sooooo I guess that covers it. Hope to meet new reader friends.
Much Mer-Love To All!