?

10 January 2010 @ 03:44 pm
Five Events the Members Kept from Yesung  
Title: Five Events the Members Kept from Yesung
Author: Mako-chan Fan original post here
Genre: Angst, Humor
Rating: light R for cursing
Summary: Sungmin finds out. Donghae learns. Heechul sees. Wookie saves a life. Kibum snaps.

A/N: This might be a little confusing because of the shifting POVs (limited omniscient and objective). Kind of a slice of life piece with an open ending. And here's to hoping at least one reader sees the OTHER pairing without having to really give it away.

Sungmin closed his book and yawned quietly, knowing that Kyuhyun was a light sleeper and would undoubtedly be awoken if he yawned loudly. It was almost 2 in the morning and he was almost halfway through the novel, but he was getting really sleepy. Deciding to read the rest of the book the next day and opting to get a drink of water before going to sleep, he slowly and quietly opened the bedroom door.

Because of the late hour, Sungmin didn't think he would be walking in on such a private moment: Kibum was on the floor, watching Yesung thoughtfully as he lightly stroke their sleeping hyung's hair away from his face. The older man must've fallen asleep while watching some late-night dramas, sprawled on the couch and sleeping soundly. Yesung murmured something unintelligible and licked his lips, and Sungmin saw Kibum smile softly.

Sungmin, realizing what he witnessed, just closed the door and went back to bed.

Donghae barged into Eunhyuk's room so suddenly that Eunhyuk's heart skipped a beat. He took off his earphones.

"Hyuk! Hyuk! You gotta help me! I lost Ddangkkoma!" Donghae told him, panicking.

"What happened?"

"Well, I was bored so I took Ddangkkoma out of his tank and started to play with him but then-"

"Wait how do you play with a turtle anyway?" Eunhyuk asked curiously.

"I don‘t know. I had a timer and I was timing how long it would take Ddangkkoma to cross the living room. Anyway, dude, listen! I needed to pee really badly while I was timing it, so I did, since even if I left it and came back it still would've been in the same place where I left it. That's how slow it was. But I came back and it's not there anymore and Yesung-hyung is going to kill me!!!" Donghae cried.

"Calm down! We'll find Ddangkkoma. Now, where have you checked?"

"Behind and under the couch. Behind the TV and the entertainment center. In the shoe closets. And the front entrance."

"Did you check the kitchen?"

"Yeah. In the cupboards, too."

Eunhyuk stopped himself from laughing out loud. "Last time I checked turtles can't crawl up in cupboards."

"Shut up~! You never know!"

"Did you check the bathroom! Oh no! What if you accidentally flushed it down  the toilet?"

"Hyuk!!!"

"Okay! Okay! I'm just joking. Relax. Did you check the bedrooms?"

"No. Why should I? All the bedroom doors are closed and I doubt that turtle could've made its way all the way to the bedrooms that fast."

The two opened the door to Kyuhyun and Sungmin's room, not bothering to knock, and was surprised when Sungmin berated them. "Yah! How many times have I told you guys to knock before coming in?"

The two men stopped in the doorway. "Sungmin-hyung! When did you get back?" Donghae asked.

"Just a little while ago. Wookie should be in his room, too."

Eunhyuk and Donghae looked at each other before hustling to the other room. Neither bothered to knock and went straight to the tank and was relieved to see the turtle safe in its rectangular glass house.

"You guys wouldn't have happened to leave Ddangkkoma in the living room, right? The little guy could've gotten hurt or something. Good thing I saw it when Sungmin-hyung and I got back." Ryeowook said as he lounged on his bed.

"What? Nothing bad could have happened to it, Wookie."

"Well, I almost saved it from getting stepped on by Sungmin-hyung, for one."

"Yikes," Eunhyuk softly said, while Donghae pursed his lips.

"Did you even get permission from hyung to play with it?" Ryeowook asked, throwing both men a questioning look. Eunhyuk looked at Donghae, who just sighed and shook his head.

"Well, I won't tell him anything if you won't," Ryeowook nonchalantly said.  "Just don't do it again."

Heechul was walking back to the dorms late one night from his drinking session with Hongki and Mithra when he saw Eeteuk and Kangin walking out from a restaurant a few meters ahead of him. Though both were wearing caps and scarves from the cold as well as to hide their faces from the public, Heechul knew it was definitely them. He was about to call out to the two and ask them to wait for him so they could all walk back together, but stopped short when he saw Kangin push his scarf down a bit and kiss their leader, Eeteuk kissing back before playfully pushing the bigger man away. He saw the two hold hands tightly before heading for the dorms.

Heechul just stood there watching the two walk farther away when his phone rang. He saw the caller ID and blinked. He answered the call.

"Hello?"

"Heechul-hyung! I heard from Hankyung-hyung that you went drinking with your friends again! Are you drunk? Are you okay? Do you need us to pick you up again?" the caller rattled off and Heechul heard Hankyung's voice in the background, telling their dongsaeng not to worry so much about that drunkard Heechul because he has high alcohol tolerance.

"Yesung-ah." Heechul said as he looked once again at Kangin and Eeteuk.

"Yes hyung?"

"...you're a good kid."

A beat of silence passed before: "Hankyung-hyung! Heechul-hyung is really drunk right now! He's being nice to me!"

Shindong made his way towards the kitchen and saw Ryeowook making dinner. His eyes shifted to the table where an apple pie was left alone, a slice of it missing. Shindong though that he was so hungry that it would be all right for him eat a light snack before dinner.

He got a fork, sat in one of the chairs, and was about to get a piece of the pie when the eternal magnae's "No!!!" scared him.

"What's wrong?" Shindong asked Ryeowook, alarmed.

"Don't eat that, hyung." Ryeowook took a plastic bag out and slid the apple pie in it, before tying the handles and throwing it in the trash. The large man just eyed him in confusion.

"Yesung-hyung made it for everyone." The eternal magnae shook his head. "Trust me, hyung. I saved your life."

Shindong's eyes widened and he nodded.

"Just tell him you ate the whole thing when he asks anyone what happened to the pie. I don't want to hurt hyung's feelings, but I also don't want to send anyone to their graves so early."

"Dammit, hyung, stop it!" Kibum hissed at Kangin. eyes slitted in warning. Kangin's fingers froze from its light, teasing touches on the back of Eeteuk's neck, and he tucked his arm back to his side. Their leader continued to sit next to Kangin, though now completely uncomfortable with the members' eyes on him, Kangin, and Kibum.

"What? Geez, we're just playing around!" Kangin bellowed in response.

"Are you sure, hyung? Are you?" Kibum challengingly asked, fuming, hands formed into tight fists.

Kangin stood up from the couch. "What the hell does that mean, Kibum?"

The younger man didn't hesitate on copying the stance, facing Kangin from across the living room. "You know exactly what I mean."

"Maybe you should both calm down right now," Sungmin calmly advised as he stood up as well, ready to jump in between the two if fists were to start flying. Shindong followed suit, ready to help out the smaller man. Ryeowook and Kyuhyun scooted to the edge of the couch away from Kangin and Kibum's vicinity, while Eunhyuk and Donghae moved to the farthest corner of the room.

"No. This needs to be said." Kibum undauntedly spoke. "Hyung, you have to stop cheating on Yesung-hyung with Eeteuk-hyung."

"The fuck are you talking about? I'm not cheating on Yesung! I would nev-" Kangin thundered.

"Stop lying! Everybody knows! You're not exactly subtle!" the younger man cut off.

Both Kangin and Eeteuk looked at the members. Shindong and Donghae looked down at their feet, Eunhyuk's eyes shifted everywhere but to them, and Kyuhyun and Sungmin looked straight at them in confirmation. Ryeowook curled into himself.

"I've had my suspicions for a while, but I didn't know for sure until last week, when I so you both in the kitchen! And while Yesung-hyung was sleeping innocently in his room! Christ!" Kibum swore, face crumpling in anger, hurt for Yesung. Ryeowook started softly crying.

"I don't care if you're doing this because you love each other. The fact remains, hyung, that you're still with Yesung-hyung and that you, Eeteuk-hyung, are messing with someone who's still in a relationship. Don't let this go on anymore. Break it off with him and tell him the truth. You owe him that much."

Suddenly, the apartment door opened, and in walked a smiling Yesung. They watched, frozen, as the man locked the door, took off his shoes and unzipped his coat. "Oh hey. What are you guys doing?"

Kibum pointedly stared at Kangin and Eeteuk, willing them to finally tell the other man the truth. Seeing that neither were planning to do so, he turned to Yesung and decided to do it for them.

"Hyung-"

Sungmin suddenly put an arm around the man's shoulder, successfully stopping him from talking. "Oh Kibum, I forgot to tell you that I need help on translating some words in this English book I'm reading..." he forced Kibum to turn around and walk into his and Kyuhyun's room.

Ryeowook wiped his tears and jumped up, acting happy and enthusiastic. "Yesung-hyung! Come show me how to make that apple pie!" He grabbed the man's hand and headed towards the kitchen.

"But I didn't get to even say hi to Kang- okay! Okay! You don't have to drag me, Wookie-ah. Hey, why are your eyes red?"

</lj-cut>

(Deleted comment)
makochan_fan: yesung peacemakochan_fan on January 11th, 2010 10:36 pm (UTC)
oh thank you! i wanted to write a fic that was believable, not so out of touch with reality, and your comment reassured me that i was successful in doing so. so thanks. :DDDD

also, i don't think anyone needs to give you cpr coz your heart seems to be working... if anything it's OVERworking. lol.
lulufecalulufeca on January 11th, 2010 12:08 am (UTC)
is not confusing
is very good and all the boys taking care of yesung...
a broken kansung... but wookie and heechul are good friends
telling the pie was good

like... this could happen to everyone!
makochan_fan: yesung peacemakochan_fan on January 11th, 2010 10:37 pm (UTC)
thank you ^^
lizzie135victoriasong on January 11th, 2010 12:08 am (UTC)
This was beautiful. ;____; The 1, 2, and 3 made me go :O to D:

the second and fourth were cute. :)

I loved this. :D Thank you!
makochan_fanmakochan_fan on January 11th, 2010 10:38 pm (UTC)
i got 4 emoticons out of you! lol

thank you for reading!
torriee: ga-intorriee on January 11th, 2010 12:09 am (UTC)
these were sweet except the last one, i feel want to join kibum to hit kangin now. it's so sweet that members cares for yesung like that. XDD
makochan_fanmakochan_fan on January 11th, 2010 10:38 pm (UTC)
^^
sekushidesunesekushidesune on January 11th, 2010 12:24 am (UTC)
This was really good yet really sad haha
great job
makochan_fanmakochan_fan on January 11th, 2010 10:39 pm (UTC)
thanks!
Chanseyyy: yesung heartdandanfung on January 11th, 2010 12:40 am (UTC)
OMGOMGOGOMG

I loved every single BIT OF IT. Except for the KangTeuk *shudders*

I love you. #5 was my favourite. Wookster+Minnie FTW <3

They were all adorable. The one with Heechul made me go AWWW cuz Sungie is soooooo damn cute. Shtishitshtishit <33333 SUNGIE
makochan_fanmakochan_fan on January 11th, 2010 10:40 pm (UTC)
thanks, bb.
mister fish, did you die?tees2mai on January 11th, 2010 12:44 am (UTC)
ytuoilutretyuoi

i loved this!
makochan_fanmakochan_fan on January 11th, 2010 10:42 pm (UTC)
^~
(Deleted comment)
makochan_fan: fudge!makochan_fan on January 11th, 2010 10:43 pm (UTC)
i don't have enough tissue for those tears!

lol thanks for reading
shihan_aishihan_ai on January 11th, 2010 12:47 am (UTC)
THIS IS SO CRACKY AND FLUFF AND SAD TOO. I LOVE IT.

THIS
"Hankyung-hyung! Heechul-hyung is really drunk right now! He's being nice to me!"

AND THIS
"Yesung-hyung made it for everyone." The eternal magnae shook his head. "Trust me, hyung. I saved your life."

<3
makochan_fan: yesung peacemakochan_fan on January 11th, 2010 10:46 pm (UTC)
thanks for reading
just let it bemayshy on January 11th, 2010 01:32 am (UTC)
omg i loved these! especially the first one...and the last one made me sad :( i can't believe no one told him, yesung should just go to kibum, srry i am a kisung shipper lol. but yeah i hope it's a sequel or someting
makochan_fanmakochan_fan on January 11th, 2010 10:49 pm (UTC)
I ship Kisung too. this is actually kind of a Kisung piece. but i guess it was so subtle it was practically nonexistent :/.

don't know if there's gonna be a sequel. maybe if i get the inspiration for it again.

thanks for reading!
Aurore: Kibum ♥ Jongwoonabcangels on January 11th, 2010 02:10 am (UTC)

♥ Yesung centric stories before going to bed are the best. ♥

1. Is pretty cute. I am SO craving for some Kisung stuff right now and this made me happy. ♥

2. Sungmin almost ... WHAT. How can he miss Little Sweet Potato it's everything but little. D: Hmmm... How come I can imagine Donghae making weird face to the turtle? D: Or even doing the kind of things he did in your drabble? :D

3. +smacks KT+ and +hugs Heechul. this is a first time. :DD Poor Yesungie. T.T This one kind of remind me of my relationship with my rpg Kangin. D:

A beat of silence passed before: "Hankyung-hyung! Heechul-hyung is really drunk right now! He's being nice to me!"
♥♥♥♥

4. Poor Yesungie, they should tell him he sucks as cook! :D

5. Again... They should tell him. :( +smacks KT once again+ You bastards!

I agree with what silversnow10 said, it was so real, an everyday happening. ♥ I love with the story for this reason. ♥ and also a LOT of other reasons but I am too lazy to write them down.

This comment is pretty random and probably full of typos., I am sorry. :DDDD
makochan_fanmakochan_fan on January 11th, 2010 11:00 pm (UTC)
Re: ♥
1. i know. i haven't read a Kisung fic for a long while now. well, not really that long ago. [info]rasinah made some wonderful kisung drabbles about 2-3 weeks ago. still, though. i definitely need more *_*

2. i think Donghae would be the only other person to actually play with Ddangkkoma.

3. yeah Heechul actually knows how to keep his mouth shut sometimes. :)))

4. they really really should.

5. I personally don't think they should. The truth should come from Kangin and Eeteuk themselves. It wouldn't be as effed up that way.

Thanks for appreciating the realism of the piece! It's one of the aspects I tried to emphasize more, as opposed to just making it funny.

Your random comment is long but i love it. Thanks for reading!
(Deleted comment)
makochan_fan: yesung peacemakochan_fan on January 11th, 2010 11:04 pm (UTC)
yeah #2 definitely doesn't tie with the rest but i was actually going for random events rather than events that were cohesively tied together. but i guess the bit about the apple pie connected #4 and #5 together so #2 suddenly doesn't seem to fit.

thanks for reading!
lil_aqua_chiclil_aqua_chic on January 11th, 2010 03:32 am (UTC)
*listens to the sound of my heart breaking*
T^T [!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]
T^T
*supports kisung/yebum* T^T
makochan_fanmakochan_fan on January 11th, 2010 11:05 pm (UTC)
*supports Kisung too!*

thanks for reading, even though i made you T^T
chegarischegaris on January 11th, 2010 03:44 am (UTC)
awww.. i'm in the yebum mood right now n u give me this fic.. i really really love no.1.. everyone is so nice to yesung.. (i don't see heechul n hangeng in no.5) but i also like heechul story, now that i know the situation.. no.2 n 4 is a XD.. weell.. basically i love all of the stories.. nice job!! :)
makochan_fanmakochan_fan on January 11th, 2010 11:08 pm (UTC)
thanks. for #5 i didn't want it to be a super major event that they hid from yesung by having all the members present, but at the same time i wanted it to be an event of a certain magnitude.

thanks for the comment!
and there she flies;akihikaru on January 11th, 2010 04:30 am (UTC)
YOU ARE AMAZING. I LOVE THIS.

jhsjghaurhvlsdhuahvjbrvuaejnaulbcualejncdufief.

I missed Yesung fics and OMG. I LOVE YOU.
makochan_fan: yesung peacemakochan_fan on January 11th, 2010 11:09 pm (UTC)
oh thank you~!
pight or plightpinefir on January 11th, 2010 07:54 am (UTC)
yey yebum and kangunsg :D
makochan_fan: yesung peacemakochan_fan on January 11th, 2010 11:09 pm (UTC)
yey!
kelly8972 on January 11th, 2010 08:20 am (UTC)
Luv all the fic.

1. project Luv Yesung
2. project save Jongwoon's sweet potato
3. project being nice to Woonie
4. project protect Sungie's pride
5. project protect Baby Cloud's heart
makochan_fanmakochan_fan on January 11th, 2010 11:10 pm (UTC)
^^
lunimaglunimag on January 11th, 2010 09:09 am (UTC)
The 1, 2, 4 make me smile^^ >Eunhae are so funny and poor Ddangkkoma almost killed by Sungmin^^
So Heechul has his reasons be be nice with Yesung. Poor Yesung!!
makochan_fanmakochan_fan on January 11th, 2010 11:11 pm (UTC)
i know. i like how heechul needs a reason to be nice as opposed to just being nice period. XD
jhengchiejhengchie on January 11th, 2010 10:18 am (UTC)
love it ^_^

oh Kibum i'll join you in raging war on kangin ^_^

this is so cute.. laughed at Hae's and wookie's part..

and you better break up with Kangin and just love kibum ^_^
makochan_fanmakochan_fan on January 11th, 2010 11:11 pm (UTC)
the story has an open ending. maybe yesung did end up with kibum instead~ :D
she's a ma-ma-ma-ma-machine~razi_a on January 11th, 2010 01:09 pm (UTC)
I was all :D and then :O and then D:

Lovely and real and bittersweet, and I loved the way they all take care of Yesung (even though, in his place, I'd want to know).

Other pairing? Hmmm, KiSung? HyukHae? o.O
makochan_fanmakochan_fan on January 11th, 2010 11:15 pm (UTC)
yeah if I was in Yesung's place, I'd want to know, too. But Wookie and Sungmin know that things are going to be even more horrible if the truth comes from someone else other than the parties involved (KangTeuk). Though Yesung would prolly be hurt coz the other didn't say anything. The whole thing's basically a lose-lose situation for everyone.

KiSung is the other pairing. glad you saw it. :D
Bex!headless_bex on January 11th, 2010 02:20 pm (UTC)
OMG but like what's gna happen! IS KIBUM GNA TELL YESUNG OF HIS FEELINGS WHICH WE TOTALLY KNOW HE HAS FOR HIM?
I love this. <3 ^^ Good job!
makochan_fanmakochan_fan on January 11th, 2010 11:17 pm (UTC)
i left it with an open ending so you can just create your own ending. :))))

thanks for reading~!
Sarah: [ryeowook] daydreamsaraah on April 9th, 2010 03:42 am (UTC)
Aw, what good friends Yesung has! (Especially Ryeowook! But I'm biased. LOL) Sweet, sad, and lovely. Great job (=
harunomasuharunomasu on October 1st, 2010 05:40 am (UTC)
Damn Kangin! He will break baby Jongwoon's heart when he know that his boyfriend is cheating on him T.T

The first drabble is so sweet, the second is just pure crack, the third is the mild angst, the fourth is crack again (even though it's so nice of Wookie to protect his hyung ^^), and the fifth drabble is like the pure angst T.T I feel like riding roller coaster when I read this. This is really good :)
ARIELYNN ♥arielynn on November 27th, 2011 01:29 am (UTC)
Second pairing = Kyumin?

Anyway, this is awesome!

#3 and #5 especially. Heechul's nice-ness is understated and I can totally imagine Sungmin being the one who turn Kibum away and Dongie preparing to back up his friend just in case. This is good. :D