Screaming Lord Cygnus (ziggythewalrus) wrote in i_am_x_,
  • Mood:
  • Music:

A bit late...

I just now noticed I had messages in my youtube inbox that I hadn't been notified about, and thought they might be of interest to this community.

Remember the Robert Hayman video that went down so badly? (http://community.livejournal.com/i_am_x_/58651.html) Well, I posted my critique on IAMX's page on 5th July, and the same day I received these messages from Robert Hayman and IAMX:

Robert Hayman (5th July 09):

YOUR POST ON IAMXS PAGE

IT'S NOT THAT I MIND HONESTY. IT'S JUST I CAN'T ABIDE MEANNESS OR CRUELTY. WE ARE ARTISTS AND WE SHOULD TRY TO GIVE CRITICISM CONSTRUCTIVELY. I READ WHAT YOU WROTE AND APPRECIATED IT VERY MUCH. REALLY. IT WAS WELL PUT. I HAVE A LOT TO LEARN IN THIS LIFE. I HAVE GROWING TO DO. I HAVE ONLY RECENTLY MADE THE TRANSITION TO MOVING IMAGERY. SOME PEOPLE WHEN THEY WRITE COMMENTS ARE ABSOLUTELY FUCKING VICIOUS AND I SIMPLY DID NOT WANT SUCH HORRIBLE NEGATIVITY ASSOCIATED WITH MY VIDEO. THIS VISUAL IS VERY IMPORTANT TOME. I LOVE IT. I DO APPRECIATE YOUR OPINION THOUGH. ESPECIALLY THE WAY YOU WROTE IT ON THEIR PAGE. KINDNESS WORKS FOR ME. IT DOENS'T MEAN SOMEONE HAS TO LIKE MY STUFF IT JUST MEANS THAT THEY CAN SAY IT CONSTRUCTIVELY AND WITH MEANING SO I CAN UNDERSTAND THEIR POINT OF VIEW. I PERSONALLY LOVE THE STRONG COLORS. THEY ARE VERY INTENTIONAL. I FIND THE MUSIC TO BE VERY RICH IN COLOR AND I THINK THAT IAMX IS OFTEN MAYBE TOO OFTEN SHOWN IN DARK BLACKS AND WHITES. ANYWAY........ I JUST WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU. IF YOU HAD LEFT THE COMMENT ON MY PAGE, WELL I MAY HAVE LEFT IT. GRANTED IT HURTS, BUT I SO APPRECIATE HONESTY. I'M NOT AN ASS OR AN EGOMANIAC. IT'S JUST THAT THAT VIDEO IS VERY SPECIAL AND IMPORTANT TO ME. IT WAS SURREAL TO DIRECT CHRIS. IT WAS A GREAT EXPERIENCE. I HOPE YOU DON'T TAKE ANYTHING I'VE SAID THE WRONG WAY. JUST KNOW........I SERIOUSLY APPRECIATE YOUR CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. OK??

--------

IAMX (5th July 09):

Your comment on our page

Your words express exactly what we are thinking about this video. It is neither approved nor supported by IAMX.
However, if your comment should be removed from our page, it would be solely for not giving the video more exposure than it already has.
Cheers from the IAMX headquarters

---

Also, I downloaded the video, so if anyone wants it, give me your email address.
  • Post a new comment

Error

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 5 comments