You are viewing even_angels_

Even Angels Fall
A Prompt Challenge Femslash Group

9th-Apr-2006 08:18 pm
TV // Xena // Amazon
Title: Untitled (By all means, jump in with a title suggestion.)
Author: morningafter2
Fandom: Birds of Prey (TV)
Pairing: One-sided Barbara/Helena
Challenge and prompt: Challenge six, prompt one.
Words: 232
Rating/Warnings: Eh... R?

She imagined her under the slanting shadows of the last sun, feral and primitive. Jumping from building to building, moves Barbara herself could never have pulled off without assistance. Moves that still made her gasp at the sight – though she suspected it was more the performer than the performance that evoked her reaction.

Barbara had seen Helena fight before, had witnessed firsthand the power the brunette possessed. She knew how her fights went, every night. Swift attacks, passed on from teacher to student, executed with the feline grace Helena had inherited from her mother. Always enough to hurt, never enough to kill. Beautiful features set in determination, focussing solely on her opponent.

Barbara knew Helena wasn’t patrolling tonight - the blizzard outside had effectively stranded her in her apartment – but the knowledge did nothing to ruin her fantasy, reprehensible as she would find it tomorrow. Rather than dwell on that, she turned her attention to other things.

Her hand drifted between her legs, a futile attempt to feel something she knew she never would again, marking in her mind the exact point where the sensation ended. This is wrong. She bit her lip to silence the scream that wasn’t coming, trying preserve the silence that only existed when she was alone.

The metallic taste of blood crept past her teeth and Barbara ceased all attempts at silence. Love no longer spoke quietly.
Comments 
(Deleted comment)
10th-Apr-2006 01:51 pm (UTC)
What's with all these shows I'm not watching? I'm beginning to feel so inadequate.

Aw, there's no reason for you to feel inadequate. You inspire all this stuff. But I don't know a lot of the shows as well. >_>

Lovely.

Thank you.
13th-Apr-2006 08:19 am (UTC)
This is awesome, I really love how Barbara has the fantasy, and equally that she will feel bad about it in the harsh light of day. You just know that she wants Helena but would never allow herself to act on it due to their past relationship. Thank you!
14th-Apr-2006 04:05 am (UTC)
Thank you. She definitely wants Helena. :)

And I love your icon.
14th-Apr-2006 06:02 am (UTC)
And I love your icon.

Thanks, I am still trying to get the hang of icon making but I was happy with how this one turned out. Feel free to grab it if you want :)
14th-Apr-2006 02:43 am (UTC)
Boo-ya! This is right in line with our beloved Barbara in all her self-sacrificing glory. These two have always been a fave of mine, and I think you nailed the subtext just right.

Birds of Prey was a show that was killed before its time. I still mourn the loss...
14th-Apr-2006 04:03 am (UTC)
Thanks! I'm not too sure Barbara's self-sacrificing is altogether altruistic, but it's enjoyable to write.

Birds of Prey was a show that was killed before its time. I still mourn the loss...

Hear, hear.
2nd-Jul-2006 04:06 am (UTC)
Oh my *god.* That is *amazing.*
2nd-Jul-2006 04:19 am (UTC)
Thank you!

It's funny, I hated this when I first wrote it, but re-reading it, I don't so much.
This page was loaded Sep 17th 2014, 9:36 pm GMT.