David Tennant likes Firefly - Firefly, The series. [entries|archive|friends|userinfo]
Firefly, The series.

[ website | My Website ]
[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ archive | journal archive ]

David Tennant likes Firefly [Jan. 14th, 2008|08:41 pm]
Firefly, The series.

[Current Location |Garsington, UK]

From Doctor Who Magazine issue 391, in a Q&A session with the Doctor himself, someone asked him about his favourite TV series; he mentioned Torchwood, and the Sarah Jane Adventures (obvously) but also:

"Actually I Watched Firefly recently, and that was terrific, but it was topped by Serenity which is brilliant. He's very clever, Joss Whedon"

Later on when talking about his tapdancing skills, he also remarks in passing "...I think Buffy nailed the musical episode..."
Who else wants Joss to write/direct an episode of Doctor Who? or Torchwood - after all James Masters is in the first episode of Torchwood this week.

sorry, slightly off-topic.

A Thought:Tennant could be a browncoat, he's worn one all last season (though it's quite amusing to think what Mal and Zoe would make of the type of coat...

[User Picture]From: neo_prodigy
2008-01-14 08:51 pm (UTC)
There's an issue of Buffy Season 8 (written by Joss of course) where in one scene in England, there's a panel where there's a police box and you can see the Doctor and Rose walking down the street.

I jumped up and down and cheered when I saw that.
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: ingridiana
2008-01-14 09:26 pm (UTC)
Which issue?? I only just got hold of the first 5 issues when I visited a comic shop in London, my local one having closed down :(
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
2008-01-14 09:40 pm (UTC)
It's in issue 6, the beginning of the Faith story arc called No Future For You. It's on the second to last page.

Only the telephone box is red and the color scheme of the doctor's clothes are reversed. He's wearing a blue coat and brown pinstripe suit as opposed to the other way around.
2008-01-17 04:44 pm (UTC)
And, just so we're clear, this was not a Joss-written issue.

Issue 10 (which really is written by Joss Whedon) does have a building that is larger on the inside than the outside, but...
2008-01-17 04:52 pm (UTC)
Joss is still the executive producer of season 8 and works closely with both Vaughn and the artists.

Even if it's not written by him, he still oversees the scripting, art style and plot points just the same as he did on the series when one of his other writers penned an episode.

In short, if something like that is in there, Joss knows and and he more than approves it.
2008-01-17 05:04 pm (UTC)
And when I stated written by Joss, what I meant was that he's behind the project and not the specific issue in question.

In the past there have been Buffy comics which have sucked (and not in the fun way) because Joss had nothing to do with the project.

That's what I meant when i stated written by Joss.
[User Picture]From: sisterspooky
2008-01-17 06:44 pm (UTC)
hehe i thougt of you when i saw this post and low and behold you are the first commenter. lol.
[User Picture]From: spiletta42
2008-01-14 09:02 pm (UTC)
Joss should totally do something with Doctor Who, what with the writer's strike here and all.
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: gossi
2008-01-17 03:49 pm (UTC)
The WGA don't want people working on shows abroad which then get resold to the US, I believe.

Although Joss is in London at the moment. He just needs to head west a bit to Cardiff Bay.
[User Picture]From: ebony14
2008-01-14 09:32 pm (UTC)
For those interested in that sort of thing, may I direct you to The Man With No Name, a Doctor Who/Serenity crossover. Enjoy.
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: blagh
2008-01-17 11:44 pm (UTC)
Hah, brilliant. I love crossover fanfics ^_^
[User Picture]From: tijnat
2008-01-18 01:02 am (UTC)
ebony14, OT, I love your avatar. Grammar and spelling seem to be two casualties of the Internet and texting.
2008-01-22 06:33 pm (UTC)
I just finished reading this, on this recommendation, and now my husband is reading it. I was amazed by it, loved it and thought it was so much fun to have my two favorites together. My husband is only a few chapters into it but feels the same. HIGHLY recommend!
[User Picture]From: place_to_hide
2008-01-14 09:42 pm (UTC)
I think that's awesome of David Tennant to be a fan of firefly.
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: lady_lyca
2008-01-15 01:00 am (UTC)
That is pure, unfiltered awesomesauce!!!!!!!111!11!!!1 =D
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: seph
2008-01-15 01:14 am (UTC)
I have to disagree on one point: the Big Damn Movie, if anything, lives up to Firefly and just barely at that -- let alone topping it.
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: lyndalynn
2008-01-15 03:27 am (UTC)
[User Picture]From: ppyajunebug
2008-01-15 04:15 am (UTC)
SQUEEEE! My two favorite fandoms collide! Can you imagine how brilliant it would be to have Joss direct an episode of DW? My head would explode with fangirl joy.
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: crinklequirk
2008-01-15 10:43 pm (UTC)
Please no Joss in Torchwood!

He can have Tennant.
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: brianrubin
2008-01-17 05:29 pm (UTC)
Awesome...just awesome...:)
(Reply) (Thread)