Basic Account, Created on 28 February 2004 (#2356950), Last updated on 15 November 2013 [Gift]
WHO WE ARE
This is a community for survivors of abuse and assault, or for those seeking the support or advice of survivors. We welcome survivors of all genders, orientations, races, ages, sizes, and cultures.
Your moderators are: briar_witch, and sweetgingertea. If you receive a request from one of the moderators, you are expected to fulfill that request as soon as possible.
Members and moderators are not and do not claim to be professional counselors of any kind, unless otherwise explicitly stated. Additionally, the interactions in this community are not meant to substitute for licensed therapy or medical advice.
We would like to extend a special thanks to sistahraven for her 5 dedicated years as a moderator!
1. This is a safe space for discussion and venting.
2. Please post triggering text, images, and/or videos behind an lj-cut. Please avoid the use of triggering user icons when posting or commenting. Click here for more details on this policy.
3. Reproducing someone's personal history/story without his/her permission--even if the post is not friends-locked and your reproduction isn't verbatim--is not accepted.
4. Please keep community promos to a minimum and promote only those communities that are related to survival and recovery.
5. Though we very much appreciate your efforts, please don't type out large portions of textbooks or other published works in your posts.
6. Hateful, harassing language will not be tolerated here.
7. Please do not delete the comments of other members or of any of the moderators. Moderators reserve the right to freeze and otherwise handle comments as appropriate. If you have a concern about a comment or thread, please let the moderators know.
8. New members are asked to reply to their Welcome Post with a comment. We don't need anything detailed or long, just a quick and simple "hello" works. Not doing so means we remove you from the community.
Since we are one of the biggest and most active survivor groups on LiveJournal, we can sometimes be a magnet for trolls. To help prevent trolls on your own journal, we recommend you read this post for relevant tips.
WHY MEMBERSHIP IS MODERATED
In an effort to create a safe space, we screen all applicants for membership in communities that contain highly triggering subject matter or are known troll communities. For more info on our application process click here
OFF-SITE LINKS AND RESOURCES
The Survivors' Resource Guide is an off-site web page, run by the moderators of this community, that contains various resources for survivors and those who are close to a survivor.
Please email us regarding any corrections or suggestions you have for improving the Resource Guide.