You are viewing _fcbarcelona_

Previous | Next

PLAYLIST CONTEST: VOTING

First off, I am sincerely sorry this hasn't been posted til now. Final exams plus holidays plus work = one very busy mod who hopes you'll forgive her. But here they are, the entries for the playlist contest! We've changed it up. This will also be the voting post, see the poll at the end, mmk? Don't forget: the winner will receive 1000 lj tokens!

ENTRY 1

1: no doubt on this one
2: I think it really defines our team
3: could be applied to all players :P
4: personal warming up before the game #1
5: great for partying after matches #1
6: obvious
7: personal warming up before the game #2
8: great for partying after matches #2
9: Quality entertainment while my stream recovers after a break down, which, trust me, happens really often
10: from 2009 but it never gets old, just replace the "2-6" for "5-0" and Roma for England and it could be last season's song

ENTRY 2

1: I've always wanted to include this song on a Barca themed playlist. For me, there is no separating the city from the team. "Let's get down in Barcelona" YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
2: Pre-requisite. I'm killing two birds with one stone here. This song is for when geography laughs in your face. Also, Skakira. She would have appeared twice on this list but since it's only ten songs I had to cut Waka Waka. She'll just have to console herself with her millions and her ridic hot boyfriend.
3: They played this song when F.C. Barcelona won last Summer. Lawd help me I can't even remember what it was that we won that day but I remember this song and bouncing around and being so, so happy. This song reminds me of blue and red confetti floating through the air, watching the players celebrate and praying my stream doesn't die.
4: This song applies to ANY one of our super-powered hobbits. Nobody can do what they do. Bonus: Also can conjure fun mental images of Uma Thurman slicing people up.
5: Careful with the celebrating.
6: Spanish (and Catalan!) lessons would be helpful for watching those streams/interviews.
7: Hi Haters! I dedicate this song to our newly shorn, twitter-loving "bench-warmer". Also, this song gets me pumped up before a game.
8: I love a man in a blaugrana uniform. This song is totally not about football but whenever I hear the "shoot, shoot, shoot" part I picture Messi knocking one in. "The girls, they love to see you shoot" Yes, yes we do.
9: At what point does one stop being the underdog? I Don't know, but this song represents two things to me. 1) We may be winning at the moment, but Barca is still the underdog to me. 2) For those day when I think "Oh we're playing them? We got this!" that end in "WHAT. THE. HELL. HAPPENED????"
10: "My body tells me no, but I won't quit, cuz I want more" Hmmm, remind you of anyone? WATCH YO TENDONS!!!

ENTRY 3

Cool Cule: Top Ten

ENTRY 4

Driving a Fiat Like a Ferrari: i'd like to picture pep psyching himself up/brushing his teeth to these songs. it doesn't really make any sense

ENTRY 5

1: This song comes with a story about yours truly, so if you’re not interested in me, feel free to skip it xD
This song was the soundtrack of a very cute video BarcaTV made back in the days. When I ran orientation in 3rd grade High School, I kept picturing none other than Milito walking in the forest from that video, and that gave me SO much motivation, I’m not kidding, I twisting my ankle twice, but I kept running, and found all the posts, something I’ve never done before, and I ended up getting a 6 (A+)! And that grade lifted my average from 4 to 5, and I was the only girl in my class with such a good grade (believe me, my PE teacher was the strictest I’ve ever had, it was insane). So therefore this song has a very special place in my heart. I’m convinced I would’ve given up when I twisted my ankle if it wasn’t for that video and that song. So yeah. The other songs won’t be so tl;dr as this one, promise xD (I couldn’t find the song ~not live, and without the BarcaTV video, I hope you won’t mind?
2: You hear the word ‘Argentina’ once, and pop! Messi is in your head, and he doesn’t plan on leaving anytime soon
3: This song for me is very autumn like for some reason. I always picture a forest when I hear it, a forest full of mushrooms, which leads me to our favourite mushroom-picker Xavi! Probably sounds weird, but I actually picture Xavi picking mushrooms when I hear this song.
4: When Barca won the liga, I was so happy, I can’t remember I’ve ever been so happy in my life, no srsly. I never wanted to forget the feeling, and searched for a song that could capture it forever (cause that’s how I roll xD I connect everything with songs, and I’ll always remember every time I hear it) and I found this song by one of my absolute favorite artists, and it’s perfect, it really was days of joy.
5: This song is here for basically the same reason as the last one. After I’d listened to this whole album (which is no doubt, the best Norwegian album of 2011) thousands of times, I found this amazing remix, and I listened to it a lot while I watched trough all the galleries from the CL final and the celebration. (If you’re getting impatient with this song, it could be an idea to fast forward to 3:00 and listen from there. I love it all, but not everyone is such a big fan of repeating electronica as I am)
6: This song was used in the amazing video in this post. I love both the video and the song.
7: Some time ago someone posted a picture here of Julian with a Barcelona jersey, so when I hear this song, I always think about that photo.
8: This is a song I needed to listen to while making Barca icons for a quite a long time, that’s a good enough reason xD
9: This probably sounds a bit weird, but the main reason why this song reminds me of Barca is not the artist name (Lana Del Rey - Copa Del Rey) but the song title. I know a lot of the boys love to play PS3, and I also think about that little boy from the opening of the new La Masia who said he likes to play PS3. Clever right?
10: would guess everybody knows why this song is on my list. I was featured in the video Pep made for the 2009 CL final, so when I hear this song, I don’t think about Gladiator, but Barca. It really made me love the movie even more xD

ENTRY 6

The Farmhouse: A mix inspired by La Masia of FC Barcelona. Songs of youth, hope, perseverance, love. Visca!

ENTRY 7

MonsterMasche!

Thanks to everyone who participated!

POLL IS NOW CLOSED. CONGRATULATIONS TO neecule  

Comments

( 6 comments — Speak )
rufusthekatt
Jan. 26th, 2012 12:14 am (UTC)
Entry nr 2 is wrong, I think it's swapped with 5...
holaascensor
Jan. 26th, 2012 12:35 am (UTC)
ugh, sorry! it's fixed now.
ipomoea
Feb. 2nd, 2012 01:33 am (UTC)
idk who did playlist 2 but plastiscines, shakira and gang of four UM YOU ARE COOL. Like, really really cool. ♥
holaascensor
Feb. 2nd, 2012 01:37 am (UTC)
you just sent us into a six way tie.
SIX
WAY
TIE
ipomoea
Feb. 2nd, 2012 01:40 am (UTC)
Um sorry! but I can't help it, that one is amazing and more indie than Pep's sweaters!
tinydevastation
Feb. 2nd, 2012 01:47 am (UTC)
Bam, now I know what I'm going to be listening to for the rest of the night.
( 6 comments — Speak )

Hello there!

Welcome to _fcbarcelona_,
a community made by Barça fans for Barça fans. First of all, not all content posted in this community is available publicly. To view unlimited content in this community you will need to become a member. As a member you can post and discuss the latest Barça news, transfer rumors, fun posts, and live match with other culés.
For more information about us and how to become a member you can view our profile.
Visca Barça!

fcb cocoa
_fcbarcelona_
Futbol Club Barcelona
Twitter

Latest Month

August 2013
S M T W T F S