?

Previous | Next

PHARMACISTS AND GRANDELATTE PRESENT:

¡TOO MUCH INFORMATION ABOUT TITO VILANOVA!

checking tumblr during work hours

FRANCESC "TITO" VILANOVA I BAYO was born on September 17th, 1969 in Bellcaire d´Empordá in Girona, Spain. He began his footballing career in the FC Barcelona youth categories, playing his first season with Barcelona Athletic (now Barcelona B), in 1988-89. During this time he coincided in the team with notable club figures such as "Chapi" Ferrer, Alejo Indias, Carles Busquets, ♥Guillermo Amor♥, Sergi López, Sebastián Herrera and Pep Guardiola.

HAIR. TAKE NOTES CESC.

After playing for a year with Barca Athletic in Segunda B, he moved to Figueras in 1990. After two seasons, he signed for Celta de Vigo, where he played for three seasons (from 1992-93 to 1996-97). The following five years saw Tito moving around Segunda División clubs constantly. He played for Badajoz (1995-96), Mallorca (1996-97) and Lérida (1997-98 and 1998-99). In the 1999-2000 season, he played in Segunda B for Elche. The following year, he signed for Gramanet, where he would end his playing career in 2002. Tito is described as central midfielder with great class and technical ability, but not very given to the more physical aspects of the game and fighting. We can't find any statistics from his playing career, but we do know that he missed a penalty against Deportivo in his debut game for Celta de Vigo. He is listed as having scored 1 Liga goal during his last season at Celta de Vigo against Real Oviedo. The game ended 2-2. -___-

He was accompanied by a fantastic head of hair throughout his playing career. We have the pegatinas to prove it:

this is from the 1992-93 season

He began his coaching career at FC Palafrugell (because that is an awesome name), then moving to UE Figueres and Terrasa FC in 2006-2007, before becoming Pep Guardiola's assistant coach and no.1 bro in 2007.

and it turns out, they were pretty good

We've heard from several sources that Tito is responsible for many of the "laboratory" rehearsed plays and corner kicks our team sometimes attempts. No word on whether he is responsible for our team's inability to defend and score from corner kicks. -___-

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

As assistant coach for FC Barcelona, Tito has great insight into our players and what keeps our team running. We got a glimpse of it when he stepped up to handle the press conferences while Pep was out with a bad back last season. Here is a great interview with Tito talking about some of our players.

Tito speaks and is dubbed in spanish about the 2011-2012 season

tito's also got some skills. let him teach you about sexy passing.

BALLIN OUTTA CONTROL

The following section will serve as a small tribute to Tito's wonderful, shiny, great smelling head of hair (again - take notes, Cesc).

we're jealous too, pep

While we are paying tribute, take a moment to consider Tito as FC Barcelona's understated fashion icon. Always wearing the latest from Nike. With the probable exception of Arsene Wenger, no one can work the latest in track suits, puffy jackets or Qatar Foundation logos quite like Tito Vilanova.

w o r k that cardigan

eat your heart out, arsene

they match *___*

about to go HAM

tito doesn't look at the sunset. the sunset looks at tito

side note: THIS DUDE MET TITO AND SANTA. we seriously love this guy. a true cule.

suits!

oh dear

shoes blog

street style blog

Tito, blue steel, his wife Montse Enchauare and Manuel Estiarte

wat

Pep and Tito have a beautiful friendship. From the matching outfits to mutual support, advice and CARING, they keep our team going.

They share the love. They BRO DOWN.

Here is a video of Pep talking about Tito's modesty/their true love. Get the kleenex.

BROS

BEST BROS

nbd just won la liga

nbd just won the champions league

this reminds me of the photobombing squirrel

CAPTION THIS

pep keeps a diary

a shoulder for pep to cry on. a shoulder for all of us to cry on.

There is of course, the infamous incident that brought Tito to the public eye, so to speak. During this year's Spanish Supercopa, Tito's face found itself in the way of Jose Mourinho. Tito, did what all of us wanted to do at that moment - smacked him right in the head. They both got themselves banned for a couple of future Supercopa matches. See for yourself:

There is only one word to describe this:

There was much (read: none whatsoever) confusion about the circumstances surrounding the incident. Thankfully, crackovia is here to help us understand:

IT WAS MR. SATORRA ALL ALONG!

Here's what we know: Francesc Satorra has worked at Camp Nou for over 30 years. His work does not have a title, he helps out behind the scenes by printing out the lineups for journalists and listening to all the demos Wahin Makinaciones send him. Being at the wrong place at the wrong time earned him the nickname "the observer" and the hashtag #eldelbigote. His mere presence appears to makes people very, very mad.

#WMELIMPERIO

HI FIVES IF YOU MADE IT ALL THE WAY TO THE END!
YOUR COMPLEMENTARY SUPERCUP IS IN THE MAIL

sources
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@deathbusters is responsible for the fabulous crackovia gifs in this post
and @jazzagold is responsible for finding the videos - please tell them
how ardently admire and love them over twitter and in the comments

this guy has the right idea

~thank you for reading~

AS OF APRIL 27TH 2012
it has been announced that at the end of the 2011-2012 season, pep guardiola will be stepping down as first team manager of fc barcelona - his second in command, tito, will be taking over as head coach this summer. on a personal note i'm really, really sad to see pep go, but i understand why he must. tito's appointment makes me very excited for the future of our team, he is as much of an embodiment of the club's philosophy as pep is. we owe them both so much. the future is as bright as the hideous away kits nike will surely give us next season and we'll all be there to support them no matter what happens.

here are some articles you should read (but bring tissues):
graham hunter's farewell to pep http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/story/_/id/7862841/graham-hunter-farewell-pep-guardiola-la-liga

barcelona football blog's gracies pep post http://www.barcelonafootballblog.com/14129/adeu-pep-guardiola-moltes-gracies-tot/

sid lowe saying nice things http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/apr/27/barcelona-pep-guardiola

my boyfriend fernando palomo writes in spanish http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/blogs/index?entryID=1512030&name=fernando_palomo&cc=3888

another one from the guardian that i just came across http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/apr/27/pep-guardiola-barcelona-father-figure?CMP=twt_gu

Comments

( 37 comments — Speak )
effingusernames
Nov. 16th, 2011 04:02 am (UTC)
omg the anti-mou
grande_latte
Nov. 16th, 2011 04:18 am (UTC)
EPICNESS RIGHT HURRR
tamings
Nov. 16th, 2011 04:21 am (UTC)
this is fucking brilliant. tears everywhere.
pharmacists
Nov. 16th, 2011 04:34 am (UTC)
i'm so glad you guys like it!
abfabregas
Nov. 16th, 2011 04:22 am (UTC)
maybe because it's 4am but this photo makes me laugh uncontrollably

pharmacists
Nov. 16th, 2011 04:30 am (UTC)
it's basically this
emiliana84
Nov. 16th, 2011 09:36 am (UTC)
lmaoooo omg dying XD
abfabregas
Nov. 16th, 2011 04:23 am (UTC)
this post is brilliant

u r brilliant

tito is brilliant
emiliana84
Nov. 16th, 2011 09:38 am (UTC)
+1 x 18723498716329732
san
Nov. 16th, 2011 04:23 am (UTC)
omg I am crying

this post is so flaw-free, I can't even begin to list the ways

Well done guys!! :DDDDDDDDDD ♥ ♥
courtshipdating
Nov. 16th, 2011 04:33 am (UTC)
this post is amazing omg i could read it over and over again.

gafas anti-mou, that will NEVER get old
asdfg
Nov. 16th, 2011 04:34 am (UTC)
WHAT A FLAWLESS POST

asdfg
Nov. 16th, 2011 04:36 am (UTC)

I see we've got a history of hair horror going on. Maybe it's another part of #barçadna...
asdfg
Nov. 16th, 2011 04:37 am (UTC)
HIS WIFE IS HOOOOOOOOT
bla_girl
Nov. 16th, 2011 04:44 am (UTC)
I am crying at how perfect this is.

ALL THE AWARDS FOR THE PEOPLE INVOLVED.
hobophobicx
Nov. 16th, 2011 04:45 am (UTC)
this is a flawless post with flawless people and I had to do this okay it was just calling out to me

grande_latte
Nov. 16th, 2011 04:49 am (UTC)
Lolol this is brilliant
footballfangirl
Nov. 16th, 2011 05:01 am (UTC)
lmao. This is genio.
emiliana84
Nov. 16th, 2011 10:09 am (UTC)
omg ahahahahahahhahahahahahhaha XDDDDDDDDD
serendip
Nov. 16th, 2011 01:26 pm (UTC)
naz u such a troll
kitty69lover
Nov. 16th, 2011 06:45 pm (UTC)
ahahahaahahahahaa A+++++++++++++
ipomoea
Apr. 27th, 2012 03:39 pm (UTC)
lmao Sergibomb
renigallagher
Nov. 16th, 2011 09:41 am (UTC)
lolol I was scrolling down and then BAMMM, RANDOM PINTO

excellent post :))
emiliana84
Nov. 16th, 2011 10:17 am (UTC)
perfect post is perfect lajkshdlhalkjhf
also the bromantilicious Pep/Tito pics I can't
(Deleted comment)
emiliana84
Nov. 16th, 2011 08:08 pm (UTC)
oh my god
serendip
Nov. 16th, 2011 01:32 pm (UTC)
I am in love with the Pep resting his shoulder on Tito's gif. Gurrrrrrl. GOOD JOB YOU GUYS <3 T'ESTIMO, TITO!!!!!
bleeding_dry
Nov. 16th, 2011 03:53 pm (UTC)
Awesome post *claps*

Lavezzi tweeted this today:

footballfangirl
Nov. 16th, 2011 06:05 pm (UTC)
This pic is completely flawfree.
footballfangirl
Nov. 16th, 2011 06:11 pm (UTC)
Great job! It appears as if terribad hair is part of BarcaDNA. I'm in love with the person that had the "Gafas Anti-Mou".
kitty69lover
Nov. 16th, 2011 06:44 pm (UTC)
dgjvkdfhgjkxdzgjkj.lfkljbgklhjglk

i adore this post. my looooooooove forever.

eyepatch Tito <33333

asdfg
Apr. 27th, 2012 03:33 pm (UTC)

OH MY GOD I'M ALL :( and :) and it's just IDK

_almagitana
Apr. 27th, 2012 03:38 pm (UTC)
This should play in the Bros part

I am thrilled for Tito and filled with so much hope for the future.
pharmacists
Apr. 28th, 2012 12:40 am (UTC)
i added it!
ipomoea
Apr. 27th, 2012 03:42 pm (UTC)
I love everything that this post is and aspires to be. Pep feelings aside I totally believe he left us in the best possible hands to carry this team further.
pharmacists
Apr. 28th, 2012 12:46 am (UTC)
ed. note: you may have realized this post references cesc's hair often - it was written during the great hair apocalypse of 2011 and to be honest it still applies. CESC, YOU NEED SOME GROOMING.

we also 2-2ed every match in sight, which led to these -____- faces.
reshuffled
Apr. 28th, 2012 08:06 am (UTC)
I love the "now-HBIC" in the hashtag.

Benvingut, Tito! May your hair remain luscious and plentiful.
senorahernandez
Apr. 28th, 2012 06:22 pm (UTC)
This is the best thing ever and just what I needed to get past the Pep-leaving news. THANK YOU. It's wonderful. You're wonderful And the squirrel pic reference? OMG TOTALLY!
( 37 comments — Speak )

Hello there!

Welcome to _fcbarcelona_,
a community made by Barça fans for Barça fans. First of all, not all content posted in this community is available publicly. To view unlimited content in this community you will need to become a member. As a member you can post and discuss the latest Barça news, transfer rumors, fun posts, and live match with other culés.
For more information about us and how to become a member you can view our profile.
Visca Barça!

fcb cocoa
_fcbarcelona_
Futbol Club Barcelona
Twitter

Latest Month

August 2013
S M T W T F S