Kristine (kittyn_moon) wrote in _dreams_,
Kristine
kittyn_moon
_dreams_

The Dream Stones - gemstones to enhance your dreaming

Some gemstones are notable for their energies having to do with dreams, such as promoting lucid dreaming, assisting in a restful sleep, alleviating nightmares, etc.

Amethyst

I think Amethyst is one of the most important stones, not just for dreaming but as a protection and healing stone.

Worn to guard against drunkenness and to instill a sober mind. The word amethyst comes from the Greek meaning "without drunkenness" and amethyst is believed to protect one from poison.

Power Stone
It is used as a dream stone and to help insomnia. Put an amethyst under your pillow to bring about pleasant dreams, or rub it across your forehead to offer relief from a headache.

Protection Stone
Ancient Egyptians used the amethyst guard against guilty and fearful feelings. It has been worn as protection from self-deception, as well as a protection against witchcraft. The amethyst has long been used to open the spiritual and psychic centers, making it one of the power stones. It is also used as a meditation aid when worn as a necklace.

Wisdom Stone
The amethyst is known as the Bishop's Stone and is still worn by Catholic Bishops. The amethyst symbolizes piety, humility, sincerity and spiritual wisdom. It is thought the amethyst is the perfect stone to symbolize The Age of Aquarius.

Healing properties of Amethyst
Amethyst is a gemstone often worn by healers, as it has the power to focus energy. A healer will usually wear several pieces of jewelry with amethysts set in silver, especially an amethyst necklace. The person to be healed will have an Amethyst to hold while the healing is being done. The healer will place another piece of Amethyst on the area of the body in need of healing, the heart or lungs usually. 
Amethyst is used for problems in the blood and in breathing problems. Amethyst crystal clusters are used to keep the air and life force in the home clean and positive.  
Amethyst clusters, points or several tumbled Amethysts placed in a window that receives sun most of the day are very beneficial to use in healing and to heal negativity in the home. Place Amethyst clusters, points or several tumbled Amethysts in moonlight and everyone in the home will be feeling calmer. Using an Amethyst as a meditation focus will increase the positive spiritual feelings. Amethyst helps overcome fears and cravings. It also helps relieve  headaches.

Angelite - Used to enhance one's connections to the higher domains-- to one's spirit guides, teachers and guardian angels. It is said to be excellent for balancing the physical & etheric energies, for telepathy and astral travel, for creating a psychic shield of protection & for promoting peace. It is an inner key to the realms of Light.

Agate - Offers protection from bad dreams. In ancient times, agates with banded colors were placed at the head of a sleeper to give rich and varied dreams.

Charoite - Mystic Lore: Intuitive sources say that Charoite emanates an energy which purifies & clears one's surroundings of all types of negativity. It is said to aid in releasing old fears & recalling past lives. It may be used to enhance one's dreams and protect from nightmares.

Chrysoprase - Alleviates recurring nightmares (particularly for children

Dioptase - Encourages vivid dreams

Iolite - "Stone of Violet". The name "ion" is Greek and means Violet. Iolite ranges from blues to purple-blue. Use for energy work of the Third Eye; Astral Travel; Sight; Visions; Guided Meditations; Meditations; Staying Focused and for Healings.

Kyanite: - Strongly activates the 'third eye' chakra, for enhanced inner visioning, greater psychic ability and lucid dreaming, astral travel, telepathy & clairvoyance. It is said increase intuition and insight, and to assist creativity.  Different colors have different results. My personal favorite. I just got some blue kyanite tumbled at Crystal Connection, which was wonderful. They do not splinter off like the normal blades, so I wear it in my shirt. It also has a translucent rich blue color which is amazing. 
Black Kyanite - Balance & Harmony for Mind, Body & Spirit. Align and Open all chakra, esp good for Third Eye Chakra & Throat Chakra, Remember Dreams, Tranquility, Peace, Calmness, Communication, Creativity, Telepathy, Intuition, Inner Visions, Meditation, Psychic Ability & Awareness, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming. Kyanite is a stone said to never need cleansing or clearing.
Blue Kyanite - Known as Attunement Stone; aligns chakra, aids in meditation, helps you remember dreams for problem solving, drives away mental confusion. Balance & Harmony for Mind, Body & Spirit. Align and Open all Chakra, esp good for Third Eye Chakra & Throat Chakra, Remember Dreams, Tranquility, Peace, Calmness, Communication, Creativity, Telepathy, Intuition, Inner Visions, Meditation, Psychic Ability & Awareness, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming. Kyanite is a stone said to never need cleansing or clearing.

This is one of my personal favorites

Lepidolite - Bestows calm and helps with sleep disturbances.

Malachite - Emotionally, malachite stimulates inner imagery, making dreams, imagination and memories more alive and real.

Scolecite - Helps one to realize subtle messages from the inner self and from higher sources - enhances dream state, promotes dream recall, lucid dreaming and restful sleep.

Snowflake Obsidian - Powerful stone of psychic protection, a stone which can purify the auric field of negative influences from within and without. It is said to dispel bad dreams & anxieties, and to help one align with the Divine Light. It is said to help one stay safe by being more aware of dangers.

Strombolite -  stone of true lightness and joy. It is said to be a stone of cosmic humor, helping one to relax and see the divine spark of mirth in all situations. It can be used to relieve stress, to enhance inner vision, to increase awareness in dreams, to dispel fear & to activate the crown chakra.

Rose Quartz  - Helps me to remember my dreams. It also has a very calming affect.

Spirit Quartz (cactus Quartz)  - Melody (author of Love is in the Earth) has worked with these crystals. Here is an excerpt of her findings: "Spirit Quartz from South Africa is a most enchanting crystal! I have worked with ones that are Amethyst and ones that are clear-the only difference I have found between them is that the Amethyst Spirit Quartz brings also qualities of Amethyst (reported in Love Is In The Earth-A Kaleidoscope of Crystal Update). This crystal can be used in meditation to provide insights to family and/or community problems. It has also been used to activate and cleans other minerals, enhance the energy transfer of other minerals to stimulate healing on all levels, increase both physical and intellectual fertility, provide protection from harm, dreaming and astral projection. Move the sickness from the body to a location which transforms the disorder from negativity to positive energy, and elevate ones self-worth. It both opens and activates the crown chakra, and assists one to channel desire toward the proper goals, assisting one to adjust and be comfortable in all situations, it tends to remove fear."

• Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
  • 1 comment