You are viewing _blaise_zabini

Jul. 16th, 2005 @ 03:18 am Nooo!!!!
Current Mood: disappointeddisappointed
I just got HBP and I nearly cried. My mental picture of our dear Blaise is shattered. I guess I'll make do with the pieces. *tear*
A Fan
kitsune_blaze:
(Deleted comment)
Date:July 16th, 2005 02:24 am (UTC)

Spoiler

(Permanent Link)
Quote: "He recognized a Slytherin from their year, a tall black boy with high cheekbones and long slanting eyes."
(Deleted comment)
(Deleted comment)
(Deleted comment)
(Deleted comment)
Re: Spoiler - (Anonymous) - Expand
(Deleted comment)
(Deleted comment)
(Deleted comment)
[User Picture Icon]
Date:July 16th, 2005 03:42 am (UTC)
(Permanent Link)
Ah, I'm not disappointed because... Ginny: "Yeah Zabini, because you're so talanted... at posing..." So he is beautiful, mm hmm.

And his mother is beautiful, and he's evil, hard to please - said Parkinson, strange and he completes me.

Black or not.
[User Picture Icon]
Date:July 17th, 2005 03:52 am (UTC)
(Permanent Link)
Hooray for JK sticking it to racist twats!

Honestly, what the hell is wrong with you? I would have expected everyone to be relieved to find out he was a snarky pretty boy, but... noooo, because of the color of his skin, he must be ugly. omgwtf.
[User Picture Icon]
Date:July 17th, 2005 04:16 am (UTC)
(Permanent Link)
Thank you. I was going to post much the same after I calmed down.
(no subject) - (Anonymous) - Expand
Date:July 17th, 2005 06:55 am (UTC)
(Permanent Link)
wow. just wow.

yeah, losers. stick to your fanon and your AU. you need it to get through your narrow day.

I'll say this. let's all hope you 'yay fanon!blaise and boo canon!blaise' don't make one PEEP about someone not writing canon Harry Potter.

because that'd be like...hypocritical.

not that suddenly thinking Blaise is less attractive now that he has darker skin is any less hypocritical.

-Brak
[User Picture Icon]
Date:July 17th, 2005 07:01 am (UTC)
(Permanent Link)
You nasty little bigot. Get the fuck out of my fandom.
[User Picture Icon]
Date:July 18th, 2005 06:02 pm (UTC)
(Permanent Link)
THANK YOU.
[User Picture Icon]
Date:July 17th, 2005 07:18 am (UTC)
(Permanent Link)
Die now.
Date:July 17th, 2005 08:18 am (UTC)
(Permanent Link)
For fuck's sake! Why are you all so quick to judge the OP? You OhmiGod teh cool and so not over cunts from Fandom Wank can STFU.

Some white people just aren't attracted to black people. It doesn't make them racist, it doesn't make them stupid, or bigoted. It just means that they aren't fucking attracted to them. It could be the same for any race. Some people don't see the attraction in Caucasians, some Asians, some Indians. Get the hell over it!

I am sick of morons who are so quick to scream 'bigot' at the slightest thing. To try and control what others think for fear of being shouted down by a load of morons looking for drama is thought policing. Grow the fuck up.
[User Picture Icon]
Date:July 17th, 2005 08:33 am (UTC)
(Permanent Link)
That's all well and good, but we're talking about a fictional character here. Not a real person. (I mean, guys with greasy hair in real life make me go "ewww", but Severus Snape totally rocks my socks.) The reaction to finding out that Blaise Zabini had dark skin is really over the top. We've had no other information about him before, so to decide "AU" simply on the basis of his skin colour as opposed to the way he behaves, yeah I'd call that bigoted.
(Deleted comment)
loser - (Anonymous) - Expand
Re: loser - (Anonymous) - Expand
[User Picture Icon]
Date:July 17th, 2005 09:30 am (UTC)
(Permanent Link)
Dude, Draco/Blaise is my OT2 and my greatest fear was that Blaise would turn out to be ugly and nerd-y.

I haven't stop grinning since yesterday, having found out that he's tall and gorgeous, snarky, smart, cool, poser, detached, with impossible high-standards and with a mother that's more than we begged for. If JK wasn't making fan-service with him, I don't know what ever will. And platinum-blond Draco being shagged by a gorgeous black bloke? How HOT is that?

As for his French/Italian name: isn't there black people in France or Italy?

Funny that, was he real, he never would look twice to a twat like you. You'd be dirt in his amazing italian shoes.
Date:July 17th, 2005 09:52 am (UTC)
(Permanent Link)
Last time I visited Italy-a lot of North Africans, but they're more in the Middle Eastern/Mediteranian range of skin tones. But I might just not have seen him. I think his mother probably married into the "Zabini" and just liked the way it sounded.

I am very, very sure he's "still cute", for petes sake. Sheesh.
Date:July 17th, 2005 10:26 am (UTC)
(Permanent Link)
What the fuck is wrong with you?
[User Picture Icon]
Date:July 17th, 2005 10:48 am (UTC)
(Permanent Link)
LOL ENGLAND?! THERE AREN'T ANY BLACK PEOPLE THERE!!

Well roffle my waffles. This absolutely made my day.
[User Picture Icon]
Date:July 17th, 2005 09:03 pm (UTC)
(Permanent Link)
BLACK PEOPLE ARE ONLY IN THE SOUTH LOL.
Date:July 17th, 2005 12:17 pm (UTC)

Sorry.

(Permanent Link)
Listen...I still like Zabini. I'm glad about the way he was described. I'm glad he was mentioned. I just have to change my perceptions of him.

I really don't care that he's black. I also realized that my post was not phrased very well, but I'm trying.

I'm sorry that you felt the need to whack me over the head with a clue by 4, but it's probably for the best.
[User Picture Icon]
Date:July 17th, 2005 02:55 pm (UTC)

Re: Sorry.

(Permanent Link)
I'm trying.

Trying to what? From what you've said in all the posts, you are now devastated that Zabini is Black because that just goes counter to what you believe.
Re: Sorry. - (Anonymous) - Expand
Date:July 17th, 2005 01:52 pm (UTC)
(Permanent Link)
You're a sick little moocow. Sheesh.
Date:July 17th, 2005 09:01 pm (UTC)
(Permanent Link)
Uh huh, and you're a racist whore!
[User Picture Icon]
Date:July 17th, 2005 09:05 pm (UTC)
(Permanent Link)
Ok, what's wrong with a black Blaise? He's still hot! And detached! And canonically a lady's man! How awesome is that? Canon doesn't give many of those, so grab for this one while you can! He sounds like he's got some Caucasian blood in him, anyways.
[User Picture Icon]
Date:July 19th, 2005 09:28 am (UTC)
(Permanent Link)
*hurts a little inside*
[User Picture Icon]
Date:July 17th, 2005 11:47 pm (UTC)
(Permanent Link)
So...he's black...and the problem issssss......*can't find it*
[User Picture Icon]
Date:July 18th, 2005 12:10 am (UTC)
(Permanent Link)
Sooo... Wait. You're saying that a character you didn't create, written by someone you're clearly not, mentioned once in the actual canon materials, is somehow ruined because he isn't the race you imagined him to be? Sometimes I wonder just who I share this freaking fandom with, and how many daily doses of thorazine they require.
[User Picture Icon]
Date:July 19th, 2005 09:29 am (UTC)

lol, best, comback, ever.

(Permanent Link)
lol
[User Picture Icon]
Date:July 18th, 2005 08:45 am (UTC)
(Permanent Link)
Yes, because black people are all unattractive and have no place in books at all!

MAKE WITH THE WHITE-OUT!!!!
(Deleted comment)
[User Picture Icon]
Date:July 18th, 2005 11:21 am (UTC)
(Permanent Link)
Oh. my. word. *dies from the swoondom* :D
(Deleted comment)
Date:July 18th, 2005 02:10 pm (UTC)
(Permanent Link)
yeah, because we negros ... well. we're a pretty damn unattractive lot, I must say.

wah.
[User Picture Icon]
Date:July 23rd, 2005 01:09 pm (UTC)
(Permanent Link)
I suppose now would be a bad time to bring up my theory that Cho Chang might actually not be a blonde girl with bright blue eyes...
[User Picture Icon]
Date:July 18th, 2005 03:53 pm (UTC)
(Permanent Link)
You've really been getting flamed a lot for your opinion.

So I don't condone what you said about Blaise.

BUT

But its your opinion and you can think absolutely whatever you want- and I bet, in hundreds, no thousands of heads all over the world, fans of the HP series *are* thinking the same thing. As a character you love he turned out to be different from the mental image you had- but I know that does not mean you actually treat or view anyone non-caucasion in necessarily the same way.

Its surprising how so many people can jump on a person's back because she does not like the fact that a character she liked is dark skinned, when there are PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO CAN RAISE THOSE WHO CONDEMN GAYS, MUSLIMS etc. ON A PEDESTAL.

There will always be biases and preferences about gender, sexuality, color of skin, religion- you have the right to your own opinion.

I can tell you with no doubt in my head that if Harry Potter turned out to be gay in canon- we'd be having lj wars right at this moment.
Date:July 18th, 2005 07:16 pm (UTC)
(Permanent Link)
But its your opinion and you can think absolutely whatever you want- and I bet, in hundreds, no thousands of heads all over the world, fans of the HP series *are* thinking the same thing. As a character you love he turned out to be different from the mental image you had- but I know that does not mean you actually treat or view anyone non-caucasion in necessarily the same way.

Sure, people are shocked. Blaise has always been a big question mark when it came to how to portray him. But to go and say that his skin colour somehow lessens him, is insulting. If you don't like blacks, or they don't appeal to you aesthetically, fine...but keep that to yourself. You don't go online spouting it to a diverse crowd. You're just setting yourself up to get flamed.

Its surprising how so many people can jump on a person's back because she does not like the fact that a character she liked is dark skinned, when there are PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO CAN RAISE THOSE WHO CONDEMN GAYS, MUSLIMS etc. ON A PEDESTAL.

And you think those people aren't getting ragged on because of it? Because they are; you ought to try reading a newspaper sometime. Hell, search the web, you'll find tons of groups that are trying to stop people in high places from spreading hate speech.
Date:July 18th, 2005 06:38 pm (UTC)
(Permanent Link)
I was quite thrilled to read of Blaise and his newfound characterization. My mental image of him is of a gorgeous and wonderfully cold and pretentious bastard. And I say that in the best possible way.

I think as a writer you should be focusing more on the new data that has been given for this character and flesh it out even more.

I mean really, the new info on his mother and her seven husbands as well as her "great beauty"...you're a writer dammit! Use this to your advantage. I can think of so many wonderfully AU fics as well as canon based fics that a good writer would be able to flesh out and make into a well written story.

I'm sick of fanfic writers idealizing every character. I get so tired of reading about beautiful Ron's and Harry's that snog together in dark corners...or suddenly gamine and gorgeous Hermione's that lose all sense and fall head over heels for Ron. It's not the pairings I dislike but that the characterization is completely lost in the author's idealization.

But if that is their opinion, so be it. They are rightly entitled to it, but damn I find it annoying.
[User Picture Icon]
Date:July 18th, 2005 06:59 pm (UTC)

Needs mo NIGGAZ!!!

(Permanent Link)
I hope a big black man shoves his dick up your tight little ass.

You're repressed. You know you want it.
Date:July 18th, 2005 07:31 pm (UTC)

Re: Needs mo NIGGAZ!!!

(Permanent Link)
RIDIN SPINNAZ
(Deleted comment)
(Deleted comment)
(Deleted comment)
(Deleted comment)
[User Picture Icon]
Date:July 18th, 2005 07:14 pm (UTC)
(Permanent Link)
Hell, I'd do him in a heartbeat. Slytherin needs some of teh hawt. So I'm sorry to say, I really have no idea where you're coming from.
[User Picture Icon]
Date:July 18th, 2005 09:51 pm (UTC)
(Permanent Link)
God, you're complaining and you've been given a gorgeous and interesting character who's actually canon, compared to our years and years of speculation?

Are you spoiled, stupid, or just racist?
[User Picture Icon]
Date:July 18th, 2005 10:43 pm (UTC)
(Permanent Link)
I've found Draco as someone who's always been ugly.

UGLY.

Blaise is fucking hot and even hotter as a black person- who cares about being white, purple or puce like you would be if anybody ever met you in person.

(Note: Puce is the color of severe brusing. A mixture of green and purple- hardly attractive.)
[User Picture Icon]
Date:July 19th, 2005 06:08 pm (UTC)
(Permanent Link)
Puce is a reddish purple or brownish purple. Green does not factor into it.