?

27 January 2010 @ 02:03 am
The Future I Built with your Souls; An Adelle DeWitt Fanmix.  
The Future I Built with your Souls.
An Adelle DeWitt fanmix

Seems like I really like talking about my fanmixes these days. I seem to be making them at an alarming rate! This is for dewitt_dominic's Celebration fortnight, so I think it's ok that I blew off homework and sleep to do it :)

About the Subject: What can one say about Adelle DeWitt? She is the ultimate badass and she is very British. Sometimes, in my long battle with becoming a more awesome person I ask myself What would Adelle DeWitt do? Turns out developing a drinking problem is a great coping mechanism :) But seriously Adelle is an amazing complex woman who has taken an incredibly compelling character journey during her ended-to-soon appearance on our television. Plus she rocks the high heals and pencils skirts ♥ ♥

About the mix: Again with the sad! One day I will make an 'Adelle is a Badass Mix; here are some songs celebrating this' Unfortunately this is not that day. Again with the mildly depressing with an ending that hints at hope. The usual folky-acoustic-mellow sound that comes with my mixes with maybe a few odd choices. In terms of 'when' (I love to when my mixes) It pretty much starts as we first see Adelle but then quickly moves on to the struggle she faces in the second half of season two :) I'd like to think most of it has hints of Adelle/Dominic underneath :D Especially in Last One Standing, Gave You All and Ghosts & Lovers.

I played a bad hand very well. There's a distinction. ~ Adelle DeWitt, Man on the Street.

One. Explode ~ The Cardigans
So give it up in a world full of puppets // It's a shame what they do to us all // Can we do anything for you now?

Two. God's Gonna Cut You Down ~ Johnny Cash
Run on for a long time // Sooner or later God'll cut you down

Three. Keep Breathing ~ Ingrid Michealson
The storm is coming but I don't mind // People are dying, I close my blinds

Four. Last One Standing ~ Ladytron
you said I made a bad decision // Said I made a mistake // Fatal without the recognition // But how would we know, know of that consequence // had I foreseen

Five. I Gave You All ~ Mumford & Sons
I never meant you any harm //But your tears feel warm as they fall on my forearm // How can you say that your truth is better than ours? // Shoulder to shoulder, now brother, we carry no arms

Six. Ghosts and Lovers ~ Marissa Nadler
People are looking down you say // You can feel the beat of yesterday // You drank the days away you say //Today is the same as any other day

Seven. On the Death On the Waters ~ Shearwater
From the wreck of the ark // To the fading day of our star // Turn your bow to the biggest wave // But your angel's on holiday // And that wave rises slowly and breaks

Eight. Roads ~ Portishead
Oh, can't anybody see // We've got a war to fight // Never found our way // Regardless of what they say

Nine. Rabbit Heart (Raise it Up) ~ Florence and the Machine
I must become a lion hearted girl // Ready for a fight // Before I make the final sacrifice

"Well, you see in the Dollhouse, things aren't always what they seem."
~ Adelle DeWitt, A Love Supreme.

Zip.
If you'd like individual songs just say :)

Comments make me happy!

(Deleted comment)
KELLYCAKES!: [doll] adelle;; the frost in the wintermiss_atom on January 27th, 2010 02:14 am (UTC)
:D I hope you enjoy it ♥
She was mean and she had seashells in her hair!: adelle ℓ hbicdollsome on January 27th, 2010 02:10 am (UTC)
THIS IS AWESOME. Which is unsurprising considering, ya know, the amazingness of you, but still so cool! Augh, the mix title even just gives me chills. Adelleeeeeeeee! HOW IS THIS WOMAN SO AMAZING. And I love, love ending it on "Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up)." And that picture! God, Friday, I fear you incredibly, yet look forward to what last feats of greatness our lady will bestow upon us.

One day I will make an 'Adelle is a Badass Mix; here are some songs celebrating this'

May I just say that I look very much forward to this theoretical future! :D
KELLYCAKES!: [doll] ae;; gonna cut you downmiss_atom on January 27th, 2010 02:19 am (UTC)
:D There is another line in Rabbit Heart This is a gift, it comes with a price GOD IT IS SO ADELLE. And that picture. I DIE. I join you in the fear but I am so excited too!

May I just say that I look very much forward to this theoretical future! :D
haha! Well it shall definitely go on my to-do list then :)

Adelleeeeeeeee! HOW IS THIS WOMAN SO AMAZING.
I cannot explain it but we shall have years to pontificate on her awesome ♥
She was mean and she had seashells in her hair!: adelle ℓ needsdollsome on January 27th, 2010 02:21 am (UTC)
Oh man, LOVE THAT LINE. I totally made it the title of one of my D/D fics back this summer, just because -- so spot-on! Seriously, all of Florence + The Machine is so applicable that it's nuts. But I really, really especially love "Rabbit Heart" in context to Adelle's relationship with the Dollhouse and the whole mad world it entails.
seaweed and indiana sawgrass: dh; she wore black dressessevendayloan on January 27th, 2010 02:32 am (UTC)
Okay, this is win on every level. Mostly because of ADELLE MOTHERFUCKING DEWITT, but also because these are all like, my favorite artist. And the cover art, hoooly hell. Too good! I worship at your fanmix making feet!
KELLYCAKES!: [doll] adelle;; is a big dealmiss_atom on January 27th, 2010 10:27 am (UTC)
:D I'm glad you like it and you obviously have excellent taste in music ♥

You could draw a stick figure and put ~*~ADELLE MOTHERFUCKING DEWITT~*~ on it an it would instantly become more awesome :D
seaweed and indiana sawgrass: dh; wwad?sevendayloan on January 29th, 2010 03:51 am (UTC)
Hm, testing that theory ...
Photobucket

Yes, I do believe you're right.
oh well, i guess i'm something of a ne'er-do-welljoyfraser on January 29th, 2010 03:56 am (UTC)
loooool omg i love it. i made an icon, hope that's coo' witchu.

seaweed and indiana sawgrass: dh; night and daysevendayloan on January 29th, 2010 03:58 am (UTC)
Haha, rawk on! Yup, everything is better with ADELLE MOTHERFUCKING DEWITT. Empirical evidence and all that.
Margalo Streussal: dollhouse - philanthropic corporate evilstreussal on January 29th, 2010 07:04 am (UTC)
ajhksdadkfh

Do you mind if I use that icon?
oh well, i guess i'm something of a ne'er-do-welljoyfraser on January 29th, 2010 03:26 pm (UTC)
Go for it! :)
seaweed and indiana sawgrasssevendayloan on June 27th, 2010 05:21 pm (UTC)
Ookay, so I know this was posted a while ago, and all, but I lost all my music recently, and I'd love to redownload this mix. Is there any way you could upload it again?
yazizzle33: Adelleyazizzle33 on January 27th, 2010 04:13 am (UTC)
It's probably just me but Explode didn't unzipped for me. :( It said the file was corrupt! I was just getting ready to listen to this lovely mix too. I'd love it if you could upload that one again? *flowers*
doylerdoyler on January 27th, 2010 10:54 pm (UTC)
Explode won't unzip for me either. Great mix! I really like the caps you chose as well. :)
yazizzle33yazizzle33 on January 28th, 2010 09:25 pm (UTC)
Glad I'm not the only one with this problem.
the girl with the mousy hair // stark raving sane: eyesexan_ardent_rain on January 27th, 2010 05:15 am (UTC)
Oh wow, this looks fabulous! :D I am downloading right now - I can't wait to listen! ^^
KELLYCAKES!miss_atom on January 27th, 2010 10:27 am (UTC)
I hope you enjoy it!
sheepfairysheepfairy on January 27th, 2010 05:25 am (UTC)
I really love the coverart to this! The black and the red and the darkness of it makes for a very nice effect, and I really love the title. And the music choices! I really, really love the use of God's Gonna Cut You Down. And Rabbit Heart is perfect, I think of her every single time I hear like any lyric for that song, it's amazing.
KELLYCAKES!: [doll] ae;; gonna cut you downmiss_atom on January 27th, 2010 10:30 am (UTC)
Choosing titles is my favourite part :D So i'm glad you like it!! I love Rabbit Heart as an Adelle song, its so perfect!

When I started the cover art I wanted to have a white background with soft colours. Couldn't have ended up more different. Oh well.
CrazyKidBen: dh.podscrazykidben on January 27th, 2010 05:34 am (UTC)
I listened to my iPod on random today for the first time in a while and one of the songs it played was "Explode" and I thought 'hey, this song reminds me of Adelle...' and then I check lj and see that you used it for an Adelle mix... WIN.

Also, "Roads" is such a great song. And I love Ingrid, Ladytron, and Florence... so I think this mix is going to be amazing to listen to. You are pretty much fantastic. Thanks for sharing!
KELLYCAKES!: [doll] adelle;; maybe cake?miss_atom on January 27th, 2010 10:34 am (UTC)
haha! That is such a coincidence! It's a great 'Adelle and the Dollhouse' song.

Everything Portishead make is just amazing ♥ I hope you enjoy listening to it!
lizzyshoelizzyshoe on January 29th, 2010 07:35 am (UTC)
I had to grab this one on the title alone. I can't wait to listen to it!
tardis_stowaway: victor dollhousetardis_stowaway on February 3rd, 2010 03:20 am (UTC)
I didn't initially know any of these songs, but I frickin' love Adelle and "folky-acoustic-mellow with surprises" sounded good, so I located some song clips around to test before downloading. What I heard sounded very promising, so now I'm tapping my foot with impatience waiting for the mix to download faster so I can hear all of them. The mix title is great for Adelle, and I like the pics.
lucifers_toylucifers_toy on February 5th, 2010 12:09 pm (UTC)
Excellent, thanks! It looks fantastic.