?

No account? Create an account

Previous | Next

The project promotes dialogue and re-education through football and is going to be applied initially in Manlleu, Salt and Vic. The main beneficiaries will be children and teenagers with risk of social exclusion.

In the picture: the mayor of Manlleu Pere Prat, the grinch FC Barcelona president Sandro Rosell, the mayor of Salt Iolanda Pineda, and the mayor of Vic Jose Maria Vila of Abadal.

The president of FC Barcelona, ​​Sandro Rosell, the mayor of Manlleu Pere Prat, the mayor of Salt, Iolanda Pineda and the mayor of Vic, Jose Maria Vila of Abadal, presented on Thursday the new social project 'Futbol3' . This is a new program led by the FC Barcelona Foundation, which aims to promote human and social development in neighborhoods of Catalan cities identified as priorities for social action and community.

Three pilot projects

The implementation of the project 'Futbol3' will be held in three cities: Manlleu Salt and Vic, in collaboration with their local councils, and will work in different areas with different environments and methods of intervention as recipients. These pilot projects will be conducted with selected entities of the same territories and will transfer the methodology of intervention of FC Barcelona Foundation. It will also be carried out in partnership with Catalan organizations of recognized prestige.

The beneficiaries of the pilot projects will be groups of youngsters aged between 10 and 16, selected by the organizations of the region that collaborates in the implementation.

Satisfaction of the politicians

Iolanda Pineda, the mayor of Salt has admitted she is "proud of directing this project for the club" and said it promoted "values of harmony and cohesion". Pere Prat Mayor Manlleu, said "the name of the club helps the visibility of the policies about diversity in Manlleu. Meanwhile, Jose Maria Vila Abadal of Mayor Vic has confirmed that his city "has opted for football as a tool for social integration"
The CEO of the FC Barcelona Foundation, Josep Cortada emphasized that "Futbol3" will help "promote the values ​​of the Foundation in childhood and youth," while the attention is focused "on issues of our home. "

Dialogue as a tool to football

'Futbol3' is a methods of social intervention that has never been implemented in Catalunya,but there's been successful experiences in Colombia and Germany. The entities participating in the project will apply an innovative method to reeducate through sport. For two months, they will work with groups of youngsters from different cities, with issues such as cohabitation, discrimination, gender, etc. always through sport.

The key to Futbol3 is the dialogue. Through this tool, players (both male and female) not only enter into a relationship of mutual respect and understanding, but also acquire self-confidence and sense of responsibility.

'Futbol3' has three phases:

1. A discussion before the match.
2. A football game.
3. A talk after the game.

The dialogue becomes, therefore, a part of the game and not a complement.

Some of the premises established by the methodology proposed by the FC Barcelona Foundation, amongst others, are the obligation of fair play and to promote the role of women in sport.

In many cases, the players before each match use dialogue as a forum to agree on the rules and then, in the post match talk about whether the rules have been respected or not.

This is an amazing project. My mother is a teacher in Salt, one of the towns where this is going to take place and i am super happy they are starting this since it's a very troubled place with so many issues and i am convinced this is going to help many kids.
Apparently there's rules like each team has to have at least one girl and the team can only win the match if the girl has scored a goal.
I will try to keep updated about this and provide further information when it's going on.
With this, once again, we prove that we are indeed more than a club. <3

Comments

( 20 comments — Speak )
abfabregas
Apr. 8th, 2011 02:14 pm (UTC)
oh my god this is absolutely amazing. we truly are mes que un club. i am SO proud to be a cule.
elizaberglund
Apr. 8th, 2011 02:14 pm (UTC)
great news! thanks a lot for that!
asdfg
Apr. 8th, 2011 02:15 pm (UTC)
It's great to see that we're doing what we can to help the youth, esp. the troubled ones!
asdfg
Apr. 8th, 2011 02:20 pm (UTC)
Apparently there's rules like each team has to have at least one girl and the team can only win the match if the girl has scored a goal.

I approve that there has to be a girl in every team, it sounds a lot like affirmative action, but I don't agree with the rule that the game can only be won if the girl had scored. I mean, that's not affirmative action anymore, that's actually kind of sexist cos it opens up a possibility of players making it easier / harder on the girls.

I really appreciate the effort though. Maybe instead of that rule we could modify it...? Like, each team has to have one girl in their starting 11 in every game or something like that?

That said, Bravo Barça for the initiative!
wannabeinsicily
Apr. 8th, 2011 02:26 pm (UTC)
yeah i have the same issue. what if the girl is an amazing goalie? :|
caacac
Apr. 8th, 2011 02:32 pm (UTC)
Exactly what I thought, it's a bit strange.
walker_sarah
Apr. 8th, 2011 04:15 pm (UTC)
Yes, I agree. I hope they change that part.
pris_stratton
Apr. 8th, 2011 06:45 pm (UTC)
Yeah, that was the only part that I thought was odd
tamings
Apr. 8th, 2011 07:51 pm (UTC)
agreed. just put the girl in the starting xi and she has to pla. what they're doing now would put pressure on the girl and everyone would blame her if she doesn't score :|
lucy_barker
Apr. 8th, 2011 02:24 pm (UTC)
This sounds great! I'm so glad whenever I hear about Barca helping children :)
caacac
Apr. 8th, 2011 02:28 pm (UTC)
Wow, that's great.
goldenskies
Apr. 8th, 2011 03:34 pm (UTC)
A beautiful initiative from a beautiful club tbh
xxheiixx
Apr. 8th, 2011 03:40 pm (UTC)
this is so awesome!
serendip
Apr. 8th, 2011 04:00 pm (UTC)
This is really cool. I'm curious to know more, if they are going to have practices, how they are going to select kids, how many games, etc. I definitely agree about the girl scoring a goal rule, because I am not sure if it necessarily promotes "equality" in a way that helps them understand gender discrimination.

Tho I also think it would be great if folks actually talked/watched more women in sport in general.
renigallagher
Apr. 8th, 2011 04:18 pm (UTC)
Beautiful initiative :)
walker_sarah
Apr. 8th, 2011 04:19 pm (UTC)
Through this tool, players (both male and female) not only enter into a relationship of mutual respect and understanding, but also acquire self-confidence and sense of responsibility.
A+

This is a really great news. Thank you for sharing it and I'd be really happy to read about this when there is a new progress :)
ardiramidus
Apr. 8th, 2011 05:28 pm (UTC)
This is really great. It makes me proud to be part of a club that does this.
kitty69lover
Apr. 8th, 2011 06:27 pm (UTC)
this is so beautiful, very proud to be Cule right now.
tamings
Apr. 8th, 2011 07:52 pm (UTC)
so proud to be a cule right now ♥
footballfangirl
Apr. 9th, 2011 03:06 am (UTC)
This is wonderful! Contrary to popular belief these days, we really are Més Que Un Club. I'm not sure about the winning female gol thing. I'm sure this will help many children. I'm a very proud cule right now.
( 20 comments — Speak )

Hello there!

Welcome to _fcbarcelona_,
a community made by Barça fans for Barça fans. First of all, not all content posted in this community is available publicly. To view unlimited content in this community you will need to become a member. As a member you can post and discuss the latest Barça news, transfer rumors, fun posts, and live match with other culés.
For more information about us and how to become a member you can view our profile.
Visca Barça!

fcb cocoa
_fcbarcelona_
Futbol Club Barcelona
Twitter

Latest Month

August 2013
S M T W T F S