Previous Entry Share Next Entry
This Must Be How Neo Felt (CSI, Archie, g) for darkmagic_luvr/pd_ficathon
CSI (las vegas gen)
doctorfumbles wrote in __killerwords__
Title: This Must Be How Neo Felt
Author: doctorfumbles
Rating: g
Fandom: CSI
Character(s)/Pairing(s): Archie Johnson, with splatterings of mostly everyone else
Summary: How Archie came to be at CSI and how he feels after working there for six years. Written for darkmagic_luvr through pd_ficathon.
Warnings: no big spoilers, just mentions of Chaos Theory and Leapin' Lizards
Disclaimer: fic-tion n. something feigned, invented, or imagined; a made-up story

A/N: Original prompt: Now, the first part of this ficathon is that it must take place after the characters get off work. The second part is that all fics must start with: "They looked as though they needed a few beers, maybe a few shots, and a lot of sleep if they were going to be functioning in the morning."
*takes a deep breath* I hope you like it, darkmagic_luvr! I got the idea when I saw Archie Kao in Chaos Theory and he wasn't playing or credited as "Archie Johnson", but a couple of episodes later, he was in the labs, being all awesome. So, I hope this wasn't too confusing or random...! >___>
Yay for my first ficathon...? :) Sorry for the long Author's Note D:

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
October, 2001

They looked as though they needed a few beers, maybe a few shots, and a lot of sleep if they were going to be functioning in the morning. It was nearly 2AM and Archie Johnson and his co-workers had just gotten off work.

"Hey, g'night you guys. See you tomorrow." yawned one of his co-workers. His name was Eric.

"Good night," Archie yawned in return. It had been a really long day, and Archie was not in the mood for anything interesting. He had his fill of interesting this morning when a girl went missing during the shift right before his. He was the one chosen to help out the LVPD when they got there.

Right now, he really just wanted to go home, plop on his couch, and catch old reruns of Star Trek. He looked down at his watch. Yup, two o'clock; just in time for a rerun during early breakfast.

"Hey, security guy!" called a familiar voice.

Archie sighed and turned around. After four years of working there, and still not having his own name on his uniform, the only people to know his name were the people he worked with, so he was used to college kids calling him things from "security guy" to "dude".

"Hey, sorry, man," said the CSI he had worked with earlier that day. "I totally forgot your name."

"It's Archie," said Archie, "and it's okay, because I already forgot yours."

"It's Nick Stokes, Archie. You remember, me right? With the crime lab?" Nick asked, holding out a hand for Archie to shake.

"Yeah, yeah, of course. It's not every day a girl goes missing in LVU, you know." Archie said, shaking his hand. "And it's Johnson. Archie Johnson. But everyone really just calls me Archie." Archie paused and raised an eyebrow. "So, what's up, Nick? I already gave you all the video."

"Right, Archie, but that's not why I'm here. See, I was telling my boss about your skills as an AV tech, and he suggested applying for a job over at the crime lab."

Archie blinked. And then blinked again. He wasn't sure how he felt; he was happy that Nick had recognized his talent, but he also felt an enormous amount of pressure. Working for the police? For the government? Just thinking about the responsiblities that would entail freaked him out just a little. "Uh, wow." Archie said, being completely honest. "I'll have to think about it."

"Hey, man," Nick said, holding his hands up in mock surrender, "I know. But, you know, if you ever want to talk-" Nick stuck a hand in his pocket, pulled out his wallet and gave Archie a card. "-this is the card for our receptionist, Judy. Just talk to her and leave a message for me or Grissom. That's my boss."

Archie paused. If he took the card, he knew he would end up applying. If he didn't, he knew he would always wonder what would happen if he did. Inside, Archie grinned. This must've been what it was like for Neo.

Archie reached out, and took the card.

May, 2007

They looked as though they needed a few beers, maybe a few shots, and a lot of sleep if they were going to be functioning in the morning. They had just finished the latest installment of Crazy Cases involving a race of shape shifting alien lizards. Greg, whose hand was still wrapped up in bandages, asked for a ride home.

"I'll do you one better," Sofia said, slinging her arm around Greg's shoulders. "You, me and everyone else are going out for drinks. Right now."

Everyone in the parking lot - that is Grissom, Catherine, Warrick, Henry, Nick, Sara, Bobby, Mandy, Brass, Hodges, and Archie - agreed happily and started all speaking at once. "Let's go to that-" "-club down by-" "Monte Carlo?"

Greg looked at the group and smiled sheepishly. "You don't have to, guys. It's been a long day. I kind of just want to go home-"

"Nonsense!" Sofia smiled, patting Greg on the back. "We'll have a good time, and make you forget all the bad jokes people made about your hand."

There seemed to be a long pause as Greg thought it over. He looked at the group, who were watching him quietly, waiting for his answer. "What're you all waiting for?" Greg said, grinning. They decided to meet at a little club off the strip, and chatted happily about anything but work. After insisting on paying for the second round of drinks, Archie leaned back and looked at his night-shift co-workers.

He was glad he took the job.

I liked that. This was nice. There aren't really many good Archie stories out there. This one I liked. Thank you very much :3.

Thank you, and you're very welcome :3
I'm glad you liked it! :D

And yes, the lack of Archie saddens me :(

?