1) I added your community, but I still cannot see the layouts!
Chances are you did not join the community, you only added it to your friends list. To join, click here
. You may also need to re-login in order to see the layouts.
2) How do I install your layouts?
Simple :) At the top, mouse over the word manage, and then click on customize. If you are about to use one of my S1
layouts, make sure that Old System 1 is selected from the drop down menu. If not, select it from the menu and click change. Then click on modify journal, and this will take you here
. You will see four drop down menus. Select which ever style I have said my layout is made for...for example, if I said style: generator, then select that from all four drop down menus. Go down and you'll see a chart entitled Custom Theme
. Click on the radio button that says Custom Colors and erase everything in the chart (then, if I have provided any custom colors for you to put in, do so in the appropriate space). Scroll down to where it says Style Overrides
. You will see a textbox there entitled overrides. Put all of the codes in there. Then scroll down and click Save Changes. That's it. If you are using an S2
layout I provided, or a paid account style, instructions on how to install it will come with the layout.
3) I want to use one of your layouts for paid accounts, but I have a free account
If that is so, then the only obvious thing to do is to get a paid account
4) May I share your layouts with other users?
If they are not members, then no. Make sure they join first.
5) What if I want to change one of your layouts
? Go ahead, but I will not do it for you. If you change it make sure you still credit me for the coding.
6) I want to learn how to make my own layouts. Where can I learn overrides?
A good place to start is howto
. You may also want to try __ask
7) I used one of your layouts, but it looks weird and misaligned
Do you have a default icon? Check by going here
. Try checking the radio button for no default icon
and see what happens.
8) My navigation links and header don't show up!
You need to specify a website in your userinfo
in order for them to show up.
9) Can I request a layout here?
Not unless I make an announcement saying I'm requesting layouts. Try going to layouts_for_lj