janie_x_jones
janie_x_jones
___dontfakethis

• Mood:

Shamalamadingdong

You

*Name: Kelly

*Birthdate: 25 May 1979

*Drugs: I did some experimenting in the past, but I'm not interested in it anymore. I smoke pot and I doubt (though no one can say for certain) that I'll ever give that up. But as for anything else, I've grown out of it I guess.

*Alcohol: I drink socially. That sounds so lame. The truth is that I don't like the person I become when I'm trashed. I did my share of frat parties and the like. When I'm too drunk, I get really kind of harsh and too brutally honest, that pisses people off and then I have to spend the next day wondering what kind of fucktard I was the night before and who I should be apologizing to. But, I like the way beer tastes and I'll have one on occasion. No more getting drunk for me though.

*Cigarettes/Cigars: I smoke cigarettes (Camel Lights, if it matters) and, the occasional clove. I'll smoke a cigar if it's the right kind of setting (like a poker night or something, cigars just go really well with poker nights).

*Favourite music genre: I don't want to say that I can't answer this or I can't choose or anything else equally cliched. But, it's Allah's honest truth that I love music from every and all genres.

*Top 10 artists/bands/composers: In no particular order and based solely on the way I feel today:
1. Smashing Pumpkins.
2. Weezer.
3. The Clash.
4. Billy Joel.
5. Sublime.
6. The Cure.
7. The Velvet Underground.
8. The Beastie Boys.
9. Beck.
10. Rancid.

*Favourite form of art: Sepia toned photography. Pencil sketches. Poetry. A well written essay. Anything but abstract or modern art, really.

*Top 5 movies: Again, in no particular order based solely on the way I feel today:
1. Fight Club.
2. Labyrinth.
3. High Fidelity.
4. American Beauty.
5. Cannibal! The Musical.

*Favourite food: Cheese fries.

*Top 3 books:
1. Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk.
2. High Fidelity by Nick Hornby.
3. The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. (Is it a cop out to use a series? If it is make this The Dark Tower III: The Waste Lands by Stephen King).

*If you could meet anyone, who would it be and why?: Anyone, anyone living or dead? I'll assume so since it isn't specified. I'd like to meet Buddha. I feel that I could learn more from a conversation with him than I could reading about his teachings. (I'm not Buddhist but, I really enjoy learning about the beliefs of others and incorporating them into my own personal belief structure).

*If you could switch places with anyone, who would it be and why?: My best friend, Becky. She's really people-oriented and easy going. She makes friends really easily and somehow doesn't dwell on her insecurities. I would like to know what it's like to feel that free.

Opinions on ... (explain your answers)

*Racism: Racism is a horrible thing. It's sad that in this day and age it still exists. That being said, I think that sometimes people use racism as a scapegoat when they feel they've been wronged. The same way some girls yell rape when they've been rejected by a man. It's an exploitation of the power political correctness has taken in this country. So much so that employers fear turning down a job applicant who is underqualified simply because of thier race because there is a chance that the rejected applicant will yell racism. I feel that is every bit as wrong as actual racism of the Ku Klux Klan variety. So, I say yes, racism is wrong but no, racism is not an excuse to be exploited.

*Politics: I think that all politicians are basically the same. They all say what they think you want to hear to get themselves elected all the while sitting on their own agendas. I think that it's naive to believe that having the "right" leader will change the state our country is in. It makes me kind of nauseous, actually.

*George Bush: His unintelligence bothers me. A lot. Seriously shouldn't there be some kind of IQ test you have to pass, on your own, without your daddy's name to get you through, before you can even be considered for a position like President? Also, there's the Patriot Act which is just bollocks. Also, there's the fact that he is trying to run our country on Christian morals (which effect his decisions on things like Gay marriage and abortion) which seems completely contradictory to what this country was founded on. Didn't we fight the Revolutionary War to free ourselves from just such opression? I learned in school that we are a "melting pot society" and that that is a good thing. *sigh*

*Organized religion: I believe that religion is a personal experience. But, there is something to be said for fellowship among a group of like minded individuals. As long as you're not coming after me, whatever frosts your cookies dude.

*Love at first sight: The rational side of my brain says no way. But then there's the fact that my parents were engaged after only knowing each other one week and they've been married for 40 years. I won't say it's impossible but, it seems unlikely.

*Pre-marital sex: I'm all for it. Compatibility with someone includes sexual compatibility and you should know that you have it before you commit the rest of your days to that person.

*Gay marriage: I'm very much pro. Love is love. The people who oppose it haven't given me good enough reason for their opposition. This bollocks about "marriage is sacred" pfft. Marriage is sacred and that's why I don't believe in divorce without very very adequate reasons. I don't see how the term "marriage is sacred" is supposed to apply to being against gay marriage. And, that's the best defense for opposition I've received.

*Abortion: Pro choice. Just because I don't know if I could do it doesn't give me the right to tell someone else what to do with their body. Everyone has their reasons. However I am against those who use it as a means of birth control. Buy some condoms, fucktards. Abortion should be legal but, regulated.

*Animal rights: I'm for kindness to animals, against mistreatment of them. But, I eat meat and I will continue to do so. Animals that can eat humans do. Some people take this way too far.

*Euthanasia (of humans): Pro. It's a personal decision to end pain and suffering. The person in pain and their loved ones are the only people who should have a say in that decision.

Finish the sentence

Oh fuck: there's a hole in the boat, and me without my bathing cap!

Look what I found at the bottom of the: pool: Jimmy Hoffa, 15 lemons, a vegetarian cookbook and Pamela Anderson's support bra.

Did you see that: giant groundhog scamper away with Mr. Smith's hair plugs?

Other

*How did you find out about this community?: Random intrests searching.

*Promote us one place and tell us where: I put a button on my userinfo because my journal is friends only.

*Having fun?: I sure am.

*Why do you want to be apart of this community?: Honestly? I thought that I should apply to a rating community to kind of start facing my fear of judgement. But, those horrible R U Hawt communities are just stupid in my opinion. Judging someone totally based on their looks is so... wrong. This community seems different than the others. The application was fun to fill out and, I've seen some opinions here that I can respect.

*And, show us at least one picture of yourself:

• Post a new comment

Error

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

• 42 comments
Previous
← Ctrl ← Alt
Next
Ctrl → Alt →
Previous